Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 16-02-2023

Dug over gh2 borders and started lowering the soil height of them to prevent overspill onto the central path. Sieved and bagged the top layer with a view to incorporating it into DIY compost. Found a miniature rose I'd put in the gh for winter protection was covered in greenfly! That came out and was sprayed and had a good telling off.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 16-02-2023

Picked some snowdrop posies to take to the Market tomorrow.
Pricked out a few Galina tomatoes into small modules.
Planted out some very pretty two tone muscari. Hoping they’ll spread and increase like the common blue ones.
Scattered some horrible black claggy compost on the garden just to get rid of it. I’m blaming it for killing loads of my pricked out plants and can’t risk using it for anything else “precious”.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-02-2023

During a lull in the rain, I gathered up all the bits of chicken run roof and junk to bung in the wheelie bin for collection tomorrow. Excuse me for a moment while I trundle it out to the roadside >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 19-02-2023

Sowed some seeds
Pruned the roses
Clipped and weeded the potted herbs
Planted some Ouddorpse Bruine shallots
Potted on the Tumbler tomatoes
Potted on the overwintered pineapple sage cuttings

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 19-02-2023

So, whilst I did do a little bit of weeding out in the garden today, I had to spend most of it in the conservatory, clearing out stuff that we either don't want, what can go in the loft, to charity or in the bin, I feel very accomplished for sorting through so much stuff Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-02-2023

Planted some Elephant garlic bulbs that I found in the GH.
Dug out the white comfrey that was growing in the old chicken run - this will become a veg bed of some sort.
Pruned more raspberries and currant bushes in the Fruit Shop at the end of the garden. Cut down brambles and dig up Vinca in the same area.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 20-02-2023

Finished lowering the soil level in the gh borders. This entaild shovelling out, sieving, bagging, lugging and transporting to store for later use. Of course I filled sacks far to full and my back and hips are complaining. You'd think I'd learn by now. Nonetheless I've some lovely soil for compost and I believe P has some grand plans which need copious amounts of soil, whenever he gets round to them. Made a batch of DIY compost.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 20-02-2023

Pricked out 8 tagetes seeds into modules of J Arthur Bowers compost
And similarly 8 tagetes into modules of Miracle Grow.
These are sacrificial plants - I’m going to start working through the myriad assortment of my compost varieties to try and track down the rogue bugger that is killing everything.(even good sized garden ready plugs!).
Yet to experiment with
Grosure
Jack’s Magic
Westland with added John Innes
Bullrush
Dawn Nurseries
B&Q Verve
Simply Growing Growmoor
Levingtons multi purpose

Just haven’t got space indoors (what with everything else!) to do more than two at a time.

Also got JI seed
JI No2
But haven’t had any problems with those

What I did today ….. borrowed my daughter’s iPad.
Knocked it off the table onto a tiled kitchen floor.
Smashed the screen - got a quote to fix it - £565 !
That’s the next six or seven weeks at the Market down the pan!
Boooo hooooo!!