Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 06-08-2023

Before the unforcasted rain stopped play I found the straining wire at the greenhouse eaves had come away from its fixing. First I had to disentangle the various cucumbers, then tell the tomatoes entangled in the cucumbers to not be so enthusiastic as they were going to heaven on a mule. Having gotten space to work I could reattach the wire. All sorted. I then pulled up the Honeyplus cucs which were a complete disappointment. There's a lot more light in the gh now. After lunch Peg is getting a haircut, she is definitely pregnant, the baby is about football size.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-08-2023

I planted some grape hyacinths on the bank. Started the rusty broken garden tool display on the daffodil bank. I need a lot more broken rusty tools.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 06-08-2023

Sunny day despite the gloomy forecast we had. Tied in the tomatoes, hand pollinated some winter squash, deadheaded the dahlias, cut the fallen gladioli, harvested beans and tomatoes, cut open some chili peppers to harvest the seed, bagged up the tomato seeds I'd left to dry off last week.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-08-2023

Spread a binbag of shredded paper around the courgettes in the swamp to dry up the ground a bit. It also helps me to see where I can step between the plants as the leaves are everywhere now. Quite satisfying playing Hunt the Courgettes in all the foliage!
Started to fill some bottomless buckets in GH1 to plant mangetout and beans in for a late crop - that's the theory. Big Grin
The usual round of tying up toms & cukes and watering seedlings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 07-08-2023

MrB cut the grass while I fed toms, weeded what should have been the spinach bed but instead its all just weeds. After that I mulched around the raspberries and beans with the grass clippings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 07-08-2023

Got chainsaw out and cut up about four barrow loads of wood I had scrounged off neighbours old fences as they had them renewed. Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-08-2023

Pulled up the Bijou mangetout and planted more seedlings in their place. Gave the old stems to the dogs as they love playing "Hunt the Pea" - it was like feeding time at the zoo.
Also planted a tray of CFB seedlings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 07-08-2023

Lifted most of the onions and stored under cover to dry. Picked the inevitable beans, cucs, courgettes and tomatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 08-08-2023

Planted daffodil bulbs, bit of strimming, bit of building, bit of direct seed sowing. Bit of bouquet making.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 09-08-2023

Yesterday was drizzly so no gardening. Went to opticians by bus because I wasn't allowed to drive afterwards.