Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 13-07-2023

A bit more work on the new ferret run. Some strimming . Fed the tunnel. Saved seeds . And some more packing.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 13-07-2023

Fed and watered the GHs. Did a happy dance because a tomato is nearly red enough to eat (Irish Gardener's Delight).
Inspected the courgettes in the old pond - there are a few baby courgette-ettes but I'll leave them a few more days before picking.
Sowed some seeds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 14-07-2023

Used a polishing kit to clear off the fuzziness on my cars headlights. Impressed with results as the before and after piccie shows! Cool

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Admin - 16-07-2023

Yesterday actually as I can hardly move today!

Shifted 3 tonne of manure onto the bottom plot, seemed like a good idea yesterday morning.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 16-07-2023

Pruning in the gh today so I stand some chance of getting in them. I have taken some lower leaves of both tomatoes and cucumbers then tried to determine which tomato leaves were shading ripening tomatoes (if I took off all leaves Iin the way of a fruit the tomatoes would all be bald).

Somewhere I've read that you can strip the leaves up to the first truss, does this have to be a ripening truss or is it ok if the truss is still green but fully formed?. Thereafter you can strip leaves that are not adjacent to a fruiting truss stem. This assumes the truss is being fed by the upper and lower leaf. As I've only read this in one place and can't remember where, what's the panel think?

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 16-07-2023

Potted on small auricula seedlings.
Chucked out a load of dead stuff (about one per cent of it!)
Always hoping that clearly dead stuff might resprout!!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-07-2023

Emptied compost from the Hotbin - enough to fill 4 x 30ltr pots
Cut down the fig hedge in the front garden. Its hard to believe it started life as a couple of cuttings in a bucket. It was far too tall so its been cut back to the stumps. I can talk to my uphill neighbour now! He was pleased it had gone as he has a downhill view now!!
Still lots of clearing up to do but have filled 2 wheelie bins with branches so far.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 18-07-2023

Today I changed all my (bedroom) bedding by myself. By the time I had finished I was ready for chucking the bed out the window. Rolleyes What a deplorable job, especially gettig the duvet into the new cover. Sick
All done now and the washer is packed full of bedding. Also had a clearout of bedding and curtains from the drawers under the bed. All in bags ready to dump at a recycling centre.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-07-2023

I've stopped changing the duvet cover because of the hassle. Instead, I treat the duvet (in a cover) as an eiderdown and put it on top of an ordinary sheet. Now I just wash the sheets. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-07-2023

Cleared a spot on some decking, moved 3 of the 30ltr pots of Hotbin compost there, and planted a LIvingston rhubarb plant in each. They're near a waterbutt and I'll be walking past them everyday so will be able to give them some TLC, unlike the other rhubarb plants that are lost in the undergrowth.