Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 02-07-2023

Took the old chicken house& bad weather shelter apart ( going to be repurposed as the ferret run). That involved cutting a path though the orchard first. Didn’t realise how overgrown it had got. Took all the bits up to its new location ready for reassembly. Went to watch a sheep shearing competition this afternoon. This evening we loaded up a trailer load of wood off cuts that will get delivered to a neighbour tomorrow.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-07-2023

Weeded Plot 10 (the lavender bed) and the sweetpea/strawberry bed.
The usual watering and tying in of cucumbers and tomatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 02-07-2023

Fed Tom's, cucs and courgettes, tied in Tom's then weeded around spinach seedlings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 02-07-2023

Whole crew went to the plot. Harvested berries and currants, lettuce, courgette, DFB, rhubarb, potatoes and the sad, white rot-affected garlic. Sowed seeds with my oldest. Very pleasing.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-07-2023

Finally planted some sunflowers, tomatillo and the last random courgettes. I've been waiting for some decent rain but can't wait any longer. The ground is still very dry once you chip through the surface layer.
Also emptied a coffee jar of old CFB seeds into seed trays. I tried a few of each earlier this year and they failed to germinate so this is their last chance. Grow or go.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-07-2023

Finished moving piles of wood around. Finished filling bed 2 with soil. Laid out all the plants ready for planting.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 04-07-2023

Mostly weeding.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-07-2023

A bit of watering at plot, harvested courgettes and strawbs. Barre session was cancelled in early evening so went fishing instead and caught tomorrows dinner! Cool

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 07-07-2023

A great feeling of achievement was felt by I. Cool

Started off attacking the jungle of nettles,blackberries etc which had invaded my flower beds at home. After much pruning and hacking away I finally made a semblence of respectability to the left side borders. (the right side will have to wait until another day) Blush After cleaning up, holding the nettles at arms length and dumping them out od sight at top of garden it was time to cut the lawn. The lawnmower made short work of the few weeds which were left on it and the grass cuttings were used around my willow tree at the top of the garden to try and keep thhe area moist.

I then raised the height of the cutter to its highest,removed the box, and ploughed into my wild area of grass which I purposely leave for wildlife and sometimes wild flowers. It becomes a fire hazzard at thsi time of year so gets its annual cut ,allowing the cuttinngs to fly and seed itself.

Of course I then had to lower the blades again, put the box back on, and create a nice neat curved edge to the longer grass.

Time for Kato's second walk now so Mosgow! Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-07-2023

Sown seeds. Potted on eucalyptus & blood orange. Weeded tunnel. Pruned back a lemon. Planted some primroses on the front bank. Mowed.