Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 25-06-2023

Picked some sweet peas.
Planted lettuce Crisp Mint.
Pegged strawberry runners.
Snapped off all the tomato armpits. 
Covered the blueberry bushes with fleece to hopefully deter the birds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-06-2023

Weeded my onions. Added another barrow load of soil to bed 2. Had a chat with everyone in the tunnel.
Built a little covered area for the lawnmower that’s now a permanent fixture in my garden. It’s definitely not my best work or even slightly pretty. It does the job it was made for.

[attachment=6709]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 28-06-2023

Busy today; mowed quite a bit of grass, prepared a border for Chris' seedling lavender and lobelia, potted up some brassicas, planted out some quinoa then harvested stuff.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 29-06-2023

Mowed the front lawn, lifted most of my outdoor onions and put them on top of the fruit frame to start drying off, a number of them had bolted so theses will need to be used ASAP. Weeded the chilli and tomato beds in the tunnel, fed the chilli plants with liquid seaweed.
Dug a few rogue potatoes in the outdoor weeds where I wasn’t doing anything this year some rogue Maris piper and Charlotte have appeared, they are small but still big enough to eat.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 29-06-2023

Trimmed bits of MT that were interfering with the CFB growing up the other side of the row of net. I'm undecided as to whether to pull out the Golden Sweet MT. I thought they'd gone over in the heat then I spied a flower bud or two, might just give them a week to see what happens now it's cooler. Planted out some penstemon in the flower border. Sowed some MT in modules ready to go in when the broad beans and maybe Golden Sweet are cleared. Watered, then it rained overnight. Not a lot but enough to make the soil dark.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 29-06-2023

A bit more mowing and mulching, seeing to the greenhouses. Looks like my first tomato is ripening, an orange banana.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 01-07-2023

Feed Friday was delayed so it was feed Saturday for tomatoes. Pruned off lower leaves of toms and cucs to allow air circulation. Tied in the trombas who think they're taking over the world. Squished blackfly ditto. Picked stuff, which always takes longer than I think. Planted out some busy lizzies.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 01-07-2023

Tied in the tomatoes and removed any side shoots.
Potted up the tomato side shoots I pruned last week and rooted in water. 
Direct sowed chitted dwarf french beans.
Coaxed the mini pumpkins and squash up into the climbing supports I lovingly made for them even though they seem hell bent on sprawling on the ground instead.
Dead headed the Topmix dahlias which are annoyingly already covered in aphids. My fingers were black with their juice. Sad

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 01-07-2023

Went to the plot for naptime then had to bring the little one back because the entrance was blocked for something the width of the pushchair. Went back and harvested my first proper harvest for the year. Was given strawberries and some zinnia and cosmos plants that were going to be thinned by my allotment neighbor, and gave her a courgette for her dinner. Did a little weeding and just enjoyed walking around and seeing how everything's doing.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 02-07-2023

Harvested ore onions and arranged them in the poly tunnel for drying, harvested my first blueberries of the season, weeded and fed the blueberries, picked raspberries and strawberries. Sorted out the bolter onions for immediate use in tonight’s chilli. Fed my tomatoes and chilli plants.
Weeded part of the garden when I previously grew spuds outdoors and recovered a half a bucket of roosters and Maris pipers.