Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 13-02-2023

I remember seeing a youtube posting about rooting the long bits of sweet pea shoots that you cut off.
Anybody tried this????

Got my other half to put up the canes for the sweet peas.
They’ll be going in the garden this week.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 13-02-2023

Moved the chicken coop to the front garden for collection - gone now.
Pruned more random raspberries - dead stems down to ground, living ones back to half height - chop up the prunings and drop them on the path. My pathetic attempt at "woodchipping" the paths.

(13-02-2023, 06:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: Moved the chicken coop to the front garden for collection - gone now.
Pruned more random raspberries - dead stems down to ground, living ones  back to half height - chop up the prunings and drop them on the path. My pathetic attempt at "woodchipping" the paths.
Sad days, Veggie.
end of an era for you.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 13-02-2023

[attachment=5827]

I need a home for, or to repurpose the chicken's playhouse. Ideas welcome. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 14-02-2023

Gave away the rest of the chicken paraphernalia and some elephant garlic. Refused the offer of ducks and duck eggs but accepted some hen's eggs and the promise of manure.
Started stripping the roof off the chicken run to see what the light levels are in there as that will help me decide what to grow there.
Did more de-brambling. A good day - not too cold.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 15-02-2023

Day before yesterday, Pruned clematis and a few roses. The pond waterfall has a leak so assisted P with investigating and tidying up the dead stuff in it. It's never been hugely successful but the birds love it. Yesterday left himself to do whatever with the waterfall which involved cement and went off gallivanting to Warminster with the girls. Not a lot of excitement in Warminster but one pal loved all the charity shops. Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 15-02-2023

Not done any gardening for a couple of weeks. We decided to have our wood burner installed that we bought about 10 years ago as it looks like power cuts could be possible in the future and we are all electric - even got an email from our electric supplier saying there could be outages this Winter. It turned into a bigger job than I expected taking about 2 weeks and still some plastering then redecorating needed to finish it off. Today I was repairing the drive where a cherry picker had dislodged some pavers.
One of the benefits will be that blue bottles won't be able to come down the chimney any more. We generally get a few each week during the summer.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-02-2023

Took the rest of the roof (made from pond liner) off the chicken run. Started clearing the undergrowth around the run to improve access and open it up a bit. Need to cut down a holly & a hawthorn on the east side and a photinia and laurel on the west side. There's not much I can do about the south side as my neighbour has some horrible conifers there that cast a lot of shade. It was OK for the chickens but not so good for growing stuff. Still not sure how I'll use the space - but I do know its well manured Big Grin
Sowed some kale and perennial brassicas in the GH.
So exciting seeing the fresh growth in the garden. Several daffs open now.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 16-02-2023

Hauled four heavy breeze blocks the length of the allotment to our plot. Raked up some oak leaves into bags from the allotment path, but then felt guilty that I might be disturbing overwintering bugs. Hopefully not too many on the path Sad tidied the top of the plot by moving netting and barrels up to the end with the shed. Weeded and mulched with manure around the blackcurrants. Potted a chunk of rhubarb crown that we split but didn't plant last autumn, as it has a bud. Chucked some bits into the compost dalek. Paced off the growing area of the plot so I could draw a new map of it.