Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 02-06-2023

Finally got round to planting out my dahlias. They were put in a couple of bread crates I found abandoned and had all sprouted but were bone dry now so I watered them in well. Will mulch with grass tomorrow.
Finished off my strawberry cage. It is a bit flimsy but should be OK. I need to get some hinges to open and close it better but it protects them for now.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 03-06-2023

Planted out:
20 x Sweetcorn Honeydew Improved F1
4 x Cucumber La Diva
2 x Cucumber Miniature White 
2 x Courgette de Nice Rond 

Lots of watering. It has been scorchio for days and no sign of rain.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 03-06-2023

I'm losing a bit of steam at the allotment as everything needs watering but I feel guilty now that my water barrel is dry. Just some weeding today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 03-06-2023

Planted out courgettes, repotted my bay tree and some other herbs.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 03-06-2023

Finished planting out sweetcorn, this lot were Wagtail. Started but didn't finish planting out courgettes. Got Tuscany, Green Machine, Zephyr, Alfresco and Verde di Milano into the ground.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 03-06-2023

Started digging the ditch around bed 2 .

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-06-2023

Potted up a few more courgette & squash seedlings.
Put canes in to support a few DFBs in GH2.
Velcroed the tomatoes and cucumbers to their canes.
Cleared the courgette bed of bolted kale ready to plant a few more courgettes in their place.
Weeded around the outside of the old pond.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 03-06-2023

I've planted some clematis in the front garden, weeded the raised bed and rescued a purple heuchera that was getting drowned in my grasses. I might have to move them grasses out of the raised bed - they're thugs! Watered everything thoroughly and deadheaded the margeritas outside the front door.
Hit the back garden - filled up three planters from two compost bins and consolidated them. Made room for Emily to paint the chicken coop, brushed it clean too.
Watered everything in the greenhouse, knowing I'm not planting out anything today.
Emptied out all the sticks that are just too big for the compost from my big composter and shredded them all. Found a bumble bee nest in the big composter, so took what I needed and left them alone. Also cut back three roses, and cut down an elder that is a thug near the garage. All shredded, and emptied into the compost bin.
Planted out sunflowers into two of the planters, and a rose in the third.
Tomorrow we have a barbeque for Jay's son as it was his 30th this week, so I've also made a cake.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 04-06-2023

Well yesterday was quite busy; watered a lot including early potatoes then planted out squash, weeded the outdoor carrot bed, thinning them and covering with environ mesh. Then in the afternoon I weeded round some roses, fed and watered them and then mowed the garden using the mowings to mulch round the roses and dahlias mainly. I was supposed to water and mulch the squash plants but forgot so will have a look at them this morning and see what they need.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 04-06-2023

Planted some flowers:
Cosmos Purity
Zinnia Envy
Gazania Sunshine mix

I also lifted the garlic, very pleased with my harvest! I spread it out in the shed to dry off.