Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 03:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: Don't really "Like" your post, Jen. Don't know what to say really - hate this crooks. Hope, at the very least, the ring is recovered.
Even though there’s bleach everywhere I hope they do find some evidence they can use.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 31-05-2023

Sorted out some spare aubergines for a friend.
Sowed radish, parsnips & carrots.
I cut down the phacelia on the future leek bed last week, today I removed it and hoed the bed flat and added a thin layer of fresh grass clippings. I'll be planting leeks next week.
Also topped up mulch on cabbages, pumpkin, aubergines, peppers, courgette.
Cleared blue honeywort from top of a couple of the veg beds and mulched.
Emptied tulips & daffodil pots and refilled one with dahlias, coreopsis, zinnia & belle du jour. First time I've filled à pot with home sown flowers!!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 01-06-2023

First of all I made my carnivore lasagne. It was very rich and filiing so I only managed a couple of pieces. Rolleyes Plenty more for Ron! Smile

Next i decided to finish painting my fence at the side of the garden,black, to match the wrought ironwork. Because it was cold and I didn't fancy paint splatter on my legs whilst wearing shorts, I decided to don my old work trousers. Because I have lost a lot of weight I spent as much time hitching the trousers up as I did painting! Cry
The wrought iron work now looks shabby so that will be my next job.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-06-2023

Dug a round in the undergrowth and found out the first lot of big pots to get moved. More packing/ sorting.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 01-06-2023

Dug out a 2m x 1m bed in the lawn for my climbing french beans. Constructed an A-frame with bamboo and twine. 

Planted out:
Melbourne's Mini (green pods)
Kew Blue (purple pods)
Neckargold (yellow pods)
Selma Zebra (mottled purple/green pods)

Watered, mulched with grass clippings, then tied them to their canes. 
Sowed some Crisp Mint lettuce.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-06-2023

Barrowed more bonfire ash into the old pond.
Filled a wheelie bin with sticky willy and brambles
Moved a 30 ltr pot of Beth Alpha x 6 cucumbers from one side of GH1 to the other to give them more room. Last year, my cucumbers were pathetic so I've sown lots of different ones this year as a backstop. However, the 6 Beth Alphas look very healthy and I probably won't need them now. Typical. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 01-06-2023

Set up the self watering system for my cucumbers and Mini Bell Toms, hopefully they’ll be happy with their new home.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 02-06-2023

Cleared more blue honeywort, this time from the palm bed and mulched with grass clippings, also mulched the aubergine & pepper bed.
Pruned the young maples along the drive and mulched.
Turned three compost heaps, one and a half are ready to use with a bit of sieving.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 02-06-2023

Today I've planted out some sweetcorn that was gasping for soil. Chitted then set into root trainers and now over a foot tall. Three varieties all the same 'type' extra tender sweet, so should not interfere with each other. Swift, Honeydew Improved and Wagtail. They're in 5x5 blocks but I've only planted 20 odd so far. To be continued after lunch.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-06-2023

Potted up a few more courgettes. 
Watered GHs. 
Cleared some of the "path" around the old pond. 
Added cut grass to the hole.  [attachment=6560]