Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 31-05-2023

Sorry to hear that JJB. Trying to understand the relevance of the bleach though? Huh

Gone are the days you could leave your back door open to all a sundry,mores the pity! Sick

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Vinny Wrote: Sorry to hear that JJB. Trying to understand the relevance of the bleach though? Huh

Gone are the days you could leave your back door open to all a sundry,mores the pity! Sick

CSI lady was perplexed too. We came to the opinion that perhaps the blighters cut themselves and bled over the floor and perhaps being forensically aware they use bleach to ruin DNA evidence. They also took the uPVC panel with them. Very strange.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-05-2023

Don't really "Like" your post, Jen. Don't know what to say really - hate this crooks. Hope, at the very least, the ring is recovered.

(31-05-2023, 03:15 PM)JJB Wrote:
(31-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Vinny Wrote: Sorry to hear that JJB. Trying to understand the relevance of the bleach though? Huh

CSI lady was perplexed too. We came to the opinion that perhaps the blighters cut themselves and bled over the floor and perhaps being forensically aware they use bleach to ruin DNA evidence. They also took the uPVC panel with them. Very strange.
Maybe they cut themselves on the uPVC as they were breaking in. One can only hope that it was very painful.

(31-05-2023, 03:15 PM)JJB Wrote:

Makes sense I suppose.

I called at allotment thismorning just to do a bit of watering.

I've only taken the enviromesh off the calabrese yeasterday becaue it looked untidy and loand behold after one day the flaming pigeons had made a meal of them! Angry
Enviromesh back on again now. Strangely they don't seem to bother with the sprouts or the cabbage I planted.................or have I spoken too soon! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 10:19 AM)JJB Wrote: Not so much what I did but more what happened.  Next door lady, who is now alone since her husband died, went to visit her sister for a few days, Thursday to the following Tuesday. We looked after things whilst she was away, collecting post, watering gh and patio pots etc. Early afternoon she found me up the garden head down @rse in the air struggling to weed the rock hard ground of the fruit cage. She asked quite worriedly whether there had been an incident.  No says I not as far as I know. She said her back door was broken,  and there was water on the kitchen floor.  Long story short, the plastic lower panel of the door was completely missing and a smell of bleach pervaded the kitchen. Nothing in the house looked disturbed but when she checked a fair amout of cash, some jewellery and her late husband's wedding ring were missing. It must have happened sometime after P went round that evening. Police and CSI visited but not much hope of a result. So unsettling for her and heartbreaking about the ring. Its made us all feel very vulnerable.
Sorry to hear that Jen, there are some nasty ******* about

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 04:20 PM)Vinny Wrote: I called at allotment thismorning just to do a bit of watering.

I've only taken the enviromesh off the calabrese yeasterday becaue it looked untidy and loand behold after one day the flaming pigeons had made a meal of them! Angry
Enviromesh back on again now. Strangely they don't seem to bother with the sprouts or the cabbage I planted.................or have I spoken too soon! Rolleyes

They do seem to prefer the calabrese and caulis to the brussels and cabbage. I planted out a mix of brassicas a few years ago and went to have a cup of tea. Came back to cover them and every single cauli had gone. They like broccoli as well.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 31-05-2023

I weeded the carrots and beetroot in the poly tunnel. The beetroot roots are starting to swell Big Grin  (I don't often use a smiley). Tied up some more tomatoes and watered/fed them, then did a bit more on my cage for strawberries.

Emptied GH2 of all the seeding plants and threw them in the old chicken run where they can seed to their heart's desire. Quite a few plants are already growing in there - they've germinated from plants I gave the chickens to eat!
I've cut down drastically on the number of tomato plants I'm growing this year and they're all in GH1 so GH2 is looking for plants. There are a few DFBs and I'll be putting some cucumbers in there. Not sure what else yet.
Did some more weeding in the veg shop. Noticed a few broad bean pods and blackfly!
Had a day off from the pond clearance.