Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 28-05-2023

In among several other things done in a day is this one:

(28-05-2023, 09:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: ....
Weeded the "veg" plot. Need to make room for more courgettes.

This would be at least a week doing nothing else in our garden,

and "weeded the flower garden" would likely be a couple of months (never quite get round to it).

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-05-2023

Its the only edged bed in the garden - not all the other bits of the garden where I grow veg. Don't want you to think I'm superweederwoman. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 29-05-2023

Had a late brekie after walking Kato and off to the allotment soon. I know in my minds eye what I hope to be doing but as    always ' many a slip twixt cup and lip' and I may finish up doing summat completely different! Blush

You will probably find out later in my 'Vinny's plot' thread how I got on! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 29-05-2023

Planted out:
6 x Aubrieta Audrey Blue I found on clearance at the garden centre for 89p. 
1 x white Armeria (sea thrift).
Clarkia and Lavatera annuals for the tortoise to eat.
Borage for the pumpkin patch to help with pollination.
Potted up a dozen Blackcurrant Sage cuttings I'd taken last month. 
Tied in the perennial and annual sweet peas and the mangetout. Pleased to spot the first pods forming. The Golden Sweet is so yellow!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 29-05-2023

Mostly weeding today, parsnip bed, GH borders, around raspberries lastly the bean row area. Hopefully I’ll be planting my french beans there tomorrow.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 29-05-2023

[attachment=6537]Most of the day spent clearing the old pond.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 29-05-2023

No allotment or garden this weekend. But I did play in a tree hide today Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 29-05-2023

I've been outside today and I am on a mission to tidy up the garden and get another bed sorted out. They all got so overgrown, I feel like I'm re-establishing each bed again. I levelled a path into the big greenhouse, laid down wood chip, built a little raised bed and used some metal containers to stop the dogs from getting to the back fence. Strimmed around all the edges until the battery ran out, brought rubbish out to the front that needs to go to the tip (and managed to fit most of it into the bin that is picked up tomorrow - bonus! I was going to start turning the three black compost bins, but the wind picked up and it felt really chilly. That was probably just as likely because I've caught the sun Smile
Took the dogs for a long walk in the woods, then went out and did some more strimming, raked it together and threw on top of some cardboard I've laid down, for the simple reason I want it to die down a bit before I bung it in one of the metal containers.
I finished my last essay on Tuesday last week, so had last weekend in the garden too. I've been more productive in the last two weekends than I have been all year.
Lovely to make a difference out there Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 29-05-2023

Cleared some more self-sown blue honeywort and planted out French beans.
Planted out biquinho and cayenne chillies, more long purple aubergines, sunflowers, marigolds, dahlias, tomatillos.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 29-05-2023

Finished lifting paving slabs. Watered everything. Lots of other things got done that have nothing to do with gardening.