Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-02-2023

I’ve finally finished cleaning and bagging the seeds I collected last year. Also done a little more towards the seed swap. Donations money box is decorated. Category labels written. Still waiting for envelopes to arrive before I can sort the rest of my seeds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-02-2023

A little more clearing of the chicken run - removing the ripped roof covering as far as I could reach. May become a fruit cage with some netting over the roof.
Moved some lengths of aluminium (old GH frame) around into imaginary veg bed layouts. I like to do that as it makes me walk around them before finally deciding if they're in the right place.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-02-2023

Attacked the brambles at the end of the garden. Managed to clear enough that I could get into the ditch alongside the fence. Had to stuff chicken wire into a couple of places at the bottom of the fence where some critturs have been pushing their way in. The problem with these holes is not what comes in but what goes out - usually Spud who finds any little hole and goes out into the fields to roll in something stinky.
Satisfying feeling that I've actually achieved something today for a change!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 03-02-2023

Have been on-call again today, but I had a day off yesterday and spent a big chunk of it trying to get my seed catalogue in order. I try to list everything in alphabetical order by type, with the date they should be sown by. I am also checking to see which seeds I have run out of. Then I make sure that every type of seed has a sowing date in my Tasks list so that I'll get a notification when I need to get them in the ground. It's time consuming to set-up but so helpful as the sowing year gets going.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 04-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 11:29 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Have been on-call again today, but I had a day off yesterday and spent a big chunk of it trying to get my seed catalogue in order. I try to list everything in alphabetical order by type, with the date they should be sown by. I am also checking to see which seeds I have run out of. Then I make sure that every type of seed has a sowing date in my Tasks list so that I'll get a notification when I need to get them in the ground. It's time consuming to set-up but so helpful as the sowing year gets going.

Very organised Pros, I've only ever got round to thinking about it, never actually creating a task list (not even sure how or what program to use  Confused

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 04-02-2023

P's got a visitor coming today, eeeek! The annual visit from an old work colleague. The only topic of conversation is aircraft, I get so bored. I suppose I'd better hoover.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Admin - 04-02-2023

Cleared a corner on plot 51, dug out and filled two tonne bags worth of soil. Just need to make the raised bed and sieve the soil to go back in.

[attachment=5812]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-02-2023

Did nothing in the garden but talked the hindlegs off people at the Splott Seed Swap and acquired some seeds for my collection. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 04-02-2023

Dug over a raised bed, added seaweed, BFB, poultry manure pellets, then levelled off and sowed 32 cloves of garlic. Replanted a marigold that started growing in one of the raised beds, put it in a pot and gave it a seaweed feed. Then started to dig over the next raised bed to eat it ready for spud planting in March.
Had the septic tank emptied, filled my turf bunker.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 05-02-2023

I've pruned the red currants and blueberry, weeded the fruit cages and started pruning the thug blackberry. Amazing what a bit of sun will do.