Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Roitelet - 15-05-2023

Sorted out the Tunnel so I may finally be able to get the Tomatoes in.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-05-2023

Dug out the last of my carrots that were gone to seed and all dried up soft and woolly roots on them. Consigned them to the compost bin.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 16-05-2023

Filled a fish box & planter with some of the raised bed soil/ compost. Planted out my last lot of flowers for cutting, into the fish box and planter. Removed more weed fabric. Some to go to the new garden. Some just straight in the bin. Got all last year’s raspberries and strawberries out of the freezer and put them into the dehydrator. Packed another box of books.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 16-05-2023

Planted out some craspedia (billy buttons).
Bought them a while back as plug plants because my seed sowings always fail!
They haven’t made much root growth yet, but I’m hoping that they’ll “take off” in the garden.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-05-2023

Filled a wheelie bin with brambles, montbretia, vinca and weeds from Strip 4. Always satisfying.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 16-05-2023

Went to the plot with the little one who obligingly took a nap, same the last two days. Yesterday I planted out sunflowers and rudbeckia that were too long in their original pots. Covered them with fleece or staked them, as appropriate. Did a bit of digging to get rid of the mound of soil at the top of the plot. Found four more pavers buried plus two bricks. Potted on some very sickly looking tomatoes at home.

Just digging today. At least 8 bricks unearthed. The mound seems to have a foundation, which I'm sure is extending past where the old shed was. Heavy work but very satisfying.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 16-05-2023

Started cutting the front hedge, got about half way and had to stop my arms and shoulders were killing me. I collected up the branches and popped them over the fence to my new neighbours who will enjoy eating them.
[attachment=6381]
[attachment=6382]
[attachment=6383]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 17-05-2023

Did some weeding then planted out:
Swiss Chard (Rainbow mix & Bright Yellow)
Beetroot (Multi colour mix)
Shallot Zebrune 

I grew the Zebrune from seed and they're looking very small. Hopefully they'll perk up now they've been planted out in soil.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-05-2023

Cleared more pots in GH1 ready for planting tomatoes. Put the bolting lettuce on an emptyish bit of Bed 18T though I don't think they're ready to seed yet. I should have replanted them - maybe I will tomorrow. Pulled more vinca & montbretia out of the afore-mentioned Bed18T.
Cut the dead wood of a big old fuchsia. I thought I'd lost it this winter but good old Mrs Popple lives to flower another day.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 17-05-2023

Planted out pumpkin, and DFB.