Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 09-05-2023

It rained this morning so I thought it was a good time to plant out the tomatoes in the GH: several alicante then a couple each of gardeners delight, galina, orange banana, brandy wine, delicious,roma and Omars something or other, 21 grafted and a few others. Then when the sun came out, put up netting for sweet peas to climb. They have a challenge this year about 7.5' high.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 09-05-2023

Got a few things ready to go to the new garden tomorrow.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-05-2023

Potted on the sunflowers. Did some repairs to some weed fabric , to stop it shedding strands every where.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-05-2023

Cleared the Bijou mangetout out of the GH to free up some pots for tomatoes (planted 4 more toms).
Separated the M/T pods into - drying for seeds, peas for cooking and pods for the dogs (they love them!).
More weeding. The cow parsley is spreading everywhere so I'm trying to pull it up before it sets seed - long taproot which doesn't help.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 10-05-2023

Walked to the allotment to find it completely blocked by the neighbour who is having an extension built. No plot today although my husband and I were planning to finish shifting the compost. Very disappointing. We're theoretically supposed to get notice when it will be blocked but since this project started we've already had them arrive while we were on site and block the access so we had to carry the baby across the neighbour's garden and climb down into a trench to get out. Phew, sorry. Didn't make me happy.

I sent some lettuce, nasturtium and sunflower seedlings along with Bijou MT, cornflower, and radish seeds to nursery with my oldest. They're doing plants and gardening this week (and after, hopefully). That did make me happy.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 10-05-2023

Planted out in tubs on the patio the tuberous begonias. I gave away a Rhienhard's Purple Sugar and a Baked Potato Squash. I had grand plans to sort out the gh ready for planting toms but had to take P to the doc for his knee. Last night he couldn't sleep for the pain. I'm going to sleep in the spare room tonight Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 10-05-2023

Gave my friend some ammi Visnaga, larkspur limelight, geranium Bill Wallis,
Houseplant “string of pearls, streptocarpus, babbington leeks, achillea love parade, cucumbers and courgettes.
In return she gave me a myrtle tree, Bupleurum fruticosa, runner beans, phlomis tuberosa, alstroemeria “Saturne”and a new to me Pulmonaria called Diana Clare.
We were both very happy with our swops and had a good catch up over a cuppa.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-05-2023

Sowed beans, courgettes & lettuce.
Planted 12 Red cabbages and lots of Chard.
Potted up some cucurbits, including 2 Tromba and 6 Butternut squash.
Weeding Bed 14.
Took cuttings of golden lemon balm.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 11-05-2023

Planted out good clumps of liatris and the alstromeria that my friend gave me yesterday.
Picked posies of Lily of the valley and bunches of lilac with euphorbia for tomorrow’s Market.
I’m going to a dear ex colleague’s funeral, so my other half ® is going to man the stall for me. - What a star!
The customers will not like their flowers wrapped up to look like fish and chips!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 11-05-2023

Lilac is my favourite, FEW!

Went to the plot this morning with husband and baby. He barrowed and I planted our corn, Vermont cranberry beans, lettuces, and a few marigolds. They went out because they were staying to look awful in their pots. Found a sneaky giant pumpkin seed that I had given up on, just starting getting in one of the shared pots. Popped it in the bed. I'll try another at home to plant out as a small plant.

Had to go back to the plot because a few days back my husband had unknowingly dumped the drainage tray of the bokashi bin into the compost with the waste. We needed to start a new bin today, so went back to fetch it. Also pulled some weeds and moved some weed covering plastic while I was there.