Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-05-2023

Potted up the tomato seeds that had chitted. Filled a big pot and started planting clarkia into it. Done lots of other stuff but nothing to do with the garden.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-05-2023

Planted all the seedling beans.
Dug up a yellow chard in GH1 and replanted it in bed 3C. Big Grin
That made room for me to plant another tomato (Irish Gardener's Delight) in GH1.
Random weeding - mostly sticky willy and buttercups.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 07-05-2023

Weeded my parsnip bed now I see which are weeds or parsnips.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 07-05-2023

Spent the day, weeding and thinning strawberries, transplanted some of the thinnings.
Also potted on marigolds and nasturtiums from seed pods to pots need these for the tunnel to keep the nasties away.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 07-05-2023

Planted out some CFBs, leaving some back in case we get a late frost. Helda, Fasold, Lidl's Neckarkonigin, Lingua de Fuoco. Started hardening off outdoor tomatoes.
Potted on courgettes and squashes. Tuscany, Alfresco, Tromba, Green Machine, Wanda, Challenge Pumpkin, Baked Potato.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 07-05-2023

Quite a bit of catching up done this week: Potatoes and dwarf beans all planted out, as well as peas and a new strawberry bed. I've invested in some small wire mesh to cover them with to keep the squirrels, rats and hopefully mice out. Carrots and parsnips have germinated. Lots of seedlings potted on.

Something has been munching my autumn planted onions. Just been out and killed over 30 of the buggers.

Still to do outside: climbing french beans, courgettes and sow some carrots and plant out the brassicas when they are big enough. Inside: plant out tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, cucumbers, melons.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 08-05-2023

Rained all day so had to do indoor gardening.
Sowed some chitted Gigantes beans.
Sowed some Canary Creeper seeds.
Potted up a couple of Jimmy Nardello sweet peppers I'd forgotten to do. 
Potted up more Sungold rooted cuttings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 09-05-2023

Went to the plot and finally got caught out in the rain after chancing it many times in the last weeks. Planted out some bits from the GH including onions, leeks, beetroot and cornflowers. Direct sowed peas next to the ones that have been damaged by birds. Started to repair the garden arch. Fashioned makeshift coverings for the things I planted out. Encountered many types of animal mess that I would rather have not encountered...

The nicest bit was sitting inside the shed while it rained. Happy sensory experience.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 09-05-2023

Visited the plot today, the beans I planted last week had been battered by the rain and eaten:-(
Binned them all and planted seed.

Weeded a couple of beds, harvested some asparagus, mulched one bed of potatoes with grass clippings, and carted home a cage/frame and netting to sturdy it up at home before carting back

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-05-2023

Planted the rhubarb plant, grown from a chunk that came away from the root when I carelessly pulled a stick to eat. Weeded some buttercups and sticky willy and planted the rhubarb there, near the 3 bits I planted a couple of weeks ago.
No rhubarb sticks worth harvesting so they've been reprieved for a week.
Lots of weeding in Bed 12M. No seeds sown.