Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 03-05-2023

^^^ I just can't 'like' that Scarlet, what an awful day.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-05-2023

I don't "like" it either but want to show that I've read Scarlet's post.
Would a solar fountain do the job?

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Scarlet - 04-05-2023

(03-05-2023, 11:36 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't "like" it either but want to show that I've read Scarlet's post.
Would a solar fountain do the job?
Thank you both.
That would have been easier but my son gave me the fountain/filter for Christmas. I had thought solar ones didnt work that well? I have had solar lights and they were rubbish. I was so fed up yesterday. The only solution us to use it in my big pond and find something more suitable. Neither have fish. I juat wanted some pond plants and a little feature. The fountain spreads about 5 foot - I dont want to waste the water either.Still feeling very frustrated with the whole thing!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 04-05-2023

Planted out my Scarlet Emperor(14) / Enorma(13) runners today in the old greenhouse frame at the plot.

Yesterday planted 3 tomatoes and 2 cucumbers in my grow bed in the yard.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 04-05-2023

Planted the tomatoes into larger pots.
Planted some forgotten begonia tubers I found sprouting.
Sowed beans for drying and some runners.
Pricked out snapdragons and nicotiana into larger modules.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-05-2023

Tidying up around and inside Bradan. It maybe a building site, but it doesn’t have to be a tip! Also finished getting the temporary tunnel ready. Just need to add plants.

[attachment=6282]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-05-2023

Dug up a huge parsley plant from GH2 and planted it in Bed 15P, of course!
Planted another courgette as the first one has survived a few nights outdoors.
Dug up lots of docks and creeping buttercups.
Chipped out more rotting wood from the hazel stumps. Most of the middle is rotten but it couldn't be seen before.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 05-05-2023

Yesterday, I built my three new Wilko obelisks. I was going to go and set them up in the garden and plant my long overdue peas, but then a neighbour was out and I haven't worked out if they are my actual new neighbours or the people I met who aren't my new neighbours but are living there for a bit, so I stayed inside instead!

Now I am on nights and should really be trying to sleep, but it's easier said than done before the first night shift in a block. Maybe people will avoid coming to hospital over the bank holiday weekend and they won't be too bad... Or maybe lots of people will eat too much and drink too much and mix too much and give their neighbours food poisoning with their undercooked Coronation quiches...

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 05-05-2023

In between the downpours, I planted 3 more courgettes and the last of the sweet peas. Also dug up another chard in the GH and replanted it outside in the C bed.
Sowed sunflowers in the GH.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 07-05-2023

Yesterday I potted on coriander, cucs and some of the courgettes and half of the toms, then this morning potted on rest of toms.