Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 30-04-2023

Our whole crew is a bit under the weather but we made it to the plot to barrow some of our new tonne of compost, spread it around the plot and so some weeding. I have great germination now on my two year old carrot seed and some little bits showing on my potatoes. This morning I also collected some fabric from a free site.

Not today but I've covered my pigeon-chomped peas (all types except Bijou - greedy things) with fleece or netting recently, so hoping against hope for some recovery. Haven't closely examined if they've eaten the growing end. Also clipped the boysenberry and Tay/loganberry??? to their supports.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 30-04-2023

Most of my toms were in 2" Square pots, so I spent a good deal of time potting these on into bigger pots to wait for when the gh borders are available. Put lots of things outside to start hardening off. The forecasts are truly unreliable at the moment, I hope we don't get a frost.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 01-05-2023

I started planting out this afternoon, with fingers crossed that it really does stay as mild overnight as forecast (double figures for the next fortnight) AND that the improved fencing keeps the boar out!
Climbing & dwarf haricot (5 varieties) and sweetcorn to start.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-05-2023

Put the cover on the blowaway greenhouse at the plot, it has a few holes will have to see how it goes.

Also put the smaller greenhouse frame up in the yard, tomatoes and cucumbers need to go out soon as they are half way up the window.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 01-05-2023

Sowed more pumpkins and some beans.
Planted out some cerinthe and scabious.
Planted out carnations I'd taken cuttings from last autumn, Doris and Devon Wizard. 
Squished four lily beetles caught in flagrante delicto.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-05-2023

Potted on all my chillies into their final pots.
Pinned down little tunnel cover. Can’t finish taking it down 4 about another 3 weeks. Until song thrush has hatched & fledged her babies.
Potted on squash, pumpkin & courgette.
Planted out purple sprouting broccoli.
Pricked out eucalyptus

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-05-2023

Planted out about 10 District Nurse CFBs and a Sure Thing Courgette. Keeping my fingers crossed for mild overnight temperatures. Seems really late (for me) to be doing this in May.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 01-05-2023

Mixed dalek compost with spent compost filling buckets and troughs then planted lettuce.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 01-05-2023

Potted on yet more toms. Set all beans and flowers out in trays to soak up the sunshine, they'll come in tonight just in case, a forecast of 8° means 5 or 6 here. How low can CFB & DFB cope with?? Stirred compost, it's steaming and stinking of silage in the middle.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 01-05-2023

Finished making my new beds (bar the last couple as I'll need to accumulate some more cardboard) and then got to sowing. Realised that even having added about 60% more growing space, I am already running out of room!