Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 27-04-2023

(27-04-2023, 09:48 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: And I didn't think hippies went in for violence....
I’m a walking  paradox   Wink

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 27-04-2023

(27-04-2023, 08:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We’re both long haired hippies so no hair cutting required. And frankly anyone goes near my hair with scissors they’re likely to get them inserted where the sun don’t shine  Wink .

Must have saved  a packet of dosh over the years Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Scarlet - 28-04-2023

Son cut mine during lockdown, but I really like going to the hairdressers.

Already watered plants in the greenhouse and potted on some salvia nemerosa.
Greenhouse is now very tricky to walk about in. I hope it warms up soon.

I honestly tried to only sow what I could plant out- this has not happened.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 28-04-2023

Planted out onions and leeks and hoping to get time for broadbeans before dark.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-04-2023

Did some Forsythia pruning, weed pulling, GH watering, random seed scattering, Bed numbering and aimless wandering. It was fun in the sun. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 28-04-2023

Yesterday and this afternoon was mostly potting on (over wintered chillies & lemongrass) and potting up a few purchased pretty things (dipladenia, ivy leafed pelargonium, scented pelargonium, lemon tree) and pricking out (cabbage, kale, cauli, sprouts, chillies, peppers) and seed sowing (beetroot, lettuce, turnip, psb & gsb).
I love days of potting compost and the radio. They alway feels like progressive days!
Spent this morning in the big city (Tarbes) with a check up at the rheumatologist and then visiting the shops we don't have locally (Brico Dépôt, Géant & Grand Frais).

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 28-04-2023

Oh, and I've clippered MrPP's hair for at least 25 years (no. 2 all over) and he did mine (no.4 on top, blended to no.2 back and sides) until I stopped cutting it in 2021. It is now the longest it has ever been!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 29-04-2023

I cut MrB's on n. 2 all over he really wanted to cut mine with the clipper but I chickened out  Confused   my hairs around 2inch all over so thinking about it wouldn't have looked to bad on the longest attachment.  

Toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day next is to plant out my sweet peas.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 29-04-2023

My husband has a more complicated hair cut, with three different lengths blended. Still easier than him trying to cut my shoulder length hair relatively straight with scissors, I imagine! Must be something in the resourceful gardening mindset that causes such an overlap with cutting hair at home.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 29-04-2023

My husband not confident with scissors - but very adept with mixing and slapping on henna powder for me!