Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 26-04-2023

Is P happy?

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-04-2023

Sowed peas and beetroot.
Took 5 rooted slips off a windowsill sweet potato and put them in pots (First time ever)
Potted up more red cabbage seedlings from out of date seeds. There are hundreds!
Did more clearance on the back hedge, another hazel coppiced, more brambles dug up and holly cut down. I'm fancying a bank of wildflowers in their place. Bluebells there already.
Dry but cool today. Any day without rain is a bonus!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 26-04-2023

Planted out some dahlias, Topmix Red. I've had these for years and I like them because they have darker foliage so the slugs leave them alone and they have single flowers so the bees love them.
Planted out sweet peas Almost Black in a large container with an obelisk and twine. 
Sowed french marigold Strawberry Blonde.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-04-2023

Started taking down the little tunnel. She’s putting up a fight!
Made rhubarb and vanilla cake.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-04-2023

Cleared some borage and planted 30 cabbages in the space.
Strimmed then edged all the paths in potager.
Strimmed the front and snapped off new bamboo shoots spreading beyond the hedge (that's 266 so far this year)
Pruned maples along the drive and all but one of the forsythia - biggest has a ?black cap nest so will have to wait.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 26-04-2023

Cut the grass and spread it on my wild growth area, brought some apple tree branches and raspberry cane cuttings to the bog, then watered potatoes and tomatoes in thetunnel, repotted a patio plant into a new bigger pot.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 26-04-2023

Planted out a few perennials (various euphorbias) that have been sitting around moping in small pots since the Autumn.
My goodness they’ve got some tangled and congested roots.
Potted on some auriculas that needed to go in bigger pots.
Checked my cucumbers that I’ve put to chit. Looks like 100 per cent success. These were from Lidl - but I didn’t notice that they were the small pickling/snacking variety when I bought them. Not grown these before. I’m not intending to bother with pickling them - so hope that they are worth having as dainty little snack cucumbers.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 27-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 05:59 PM)Broadway Wrote: Is P happy?

Is P ever happy?? Joking apart he's very happy not to have to make an appointment and pay for a haircut. I've been cutting his hair since we got together nearly 50 yrs ago. The first few times were very stressful as I'd never cut anyones hair before. I think I've got the hang of it by now, I've had a lot of practice Smile I occasionally suggest I should put in a bill. I usually get a rude reply.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-04-2023

(27-04-2023, 09:19 AM)JJB Wrote:

Is P ever happy?? Joking apart he's very happy not to have to make an appointment and pay for a haircut. I've been cutting his hair since we got together nearly 50 yrs ago. The first few times were very stressful as I'd never cut anyones hair before. I think I've got the hang of it by now, I've had a lot of practice Smile I occasionally suggest I should put in a bill. I usually get a rude reply.
P should be very happy that he still has hair to cut.  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Scarlet - 27-04-2023

(27-04-2023, 09:19 AM)JJB Wrote:

I do everyones hair... the boys are glad they dont have to pay. I often make mistakes Big Grin it grows back. 

Its pouring down here today - we need some so Im not bothered but its cold too so no greenhouse potting for me.
i spotted SC has been eating Rhubarb and Vanilla cake so I bodged up a gluten free version for the OH. Its actually ok as gluten free cakes go. The rhubarb stops it being dry in texture - he ate a quarter of it for lunch.
I dug up all but one of my rhubarb plants to make way for the flower beds. They always got wasted. I used to make rhubarb curd for tarts etc. Cakes and biscuits dont get eaten here so I tend not to bother these days.
Just about to pot on some snap dragons on the kitchen table.