Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 11:32 AM)MartinH Wrote:
(25-04-2023, 09:40 AM)JJB Wrote: Did your frost prevention pay off Mark?

Who? Big Grin

I think so. All the pots and tubs are fine. I'll have to see what the potatoes are like when they push through the light covering of soil, but there was only a light dusting of frost on the debris netting so I'm hopeful.

Oops sorry Martin.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 12:06 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(25-04-2023, 10:40 AM)Admin Wrote: ^^ should have gone to Specsavers! Big Grin
JJB's a member of the Confused Nutter's Club - you have to excuse her. Wink

How right you are Boss and Veggie, the trouble is there's more confusion than I'm happy with. Cry

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 25-04-2023

Popped over the plot earlier, removed fleece from yesterday, weeded 6 pallet collar beds, and turned 1 compost bin of leaves into another

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 25-04-2023

Did some work, then went to the plot with husband and baby. Baby slept while we cleared the paths of composted old wood chip and barrowed up new wood chip. Took delivery of a second load of wood chip for the site (yesterday leylandii, today oak!). Back to work now!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-04-2023

Planted 22 Crimson Flowered Broad beans plants.
Put the courgettes outside for some fresh air. May plant one this week as a trial.
Did some more chopping down of the boundary hedge, clearing back to the field fence. I'm hoping that the new owners will rip up the brambles on the far side soon.
Lovely sunny day, just as April should be.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-04-2023

Sown seeds, filled the trailer with 3 buckets of manure, 1 bucket of raised bed. Work bench out of the little tunnel (very heavy! ) and a few other bits. Polished the new front door bell .

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 25-04-2023

Went and bought some zucchini seeds as the cougettes seeds I sowed a couple of weeks ago had not germinated while everything else - squash, melons and luffa had. When I got home, 3 of each green bush and Stratio de Napoli were pushing through. Well, they will come in for next year.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 25-04-2023

Yesterday was spent reinforcing the fencing, salvaging and replanting lettuces and beetroot plants, and measuring up for more fencing after another wild boar incursion. Unless they ate them all, there are going to be peas, coriander, turnips & radish popping up everywhere!
Today finished clearing the Goji Bank and broadcast sowing a huge mix of flowers.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 01:11 PM)JJB Wrote: Oops sorry Martin.

No worries SmileBig Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 26-04-2023

Sowed things, potted on a Malachite Box tom. Staked/supported Bijou MT in pots. Pricked out two challenge pumpkins. I do think only the best will be kept, the other might be sacrificed due to lack of space, although it pains me to do so. Put more sweetcorn to chit. Made a batch of compost. Cut P's hair Smile