Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 23-04-2023

Plants some purple creeping thyme and orange hawkbit on the bank. Planted 20kg of spuds.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 23-04-2023

Planted outside seed sown onions and beetroot from modules, pricked out tagetes red gem, sowed carrots White Satin, did the gh shuffle. Not an awful lot to show for a day outside.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 23-04-2023

As Tesco says “Every little helps”.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 23-04-2023

Went to the plot on my own. Chatted with a plot neighbour for ages. Planted some lupin and astrantia bare roots that looked convincingly dead. Shifted some soil from the big mound at the front to the uneven path at the back. Raked the half composted wood chip on the paths against the edges for weed suppression and gradual blending into compost on the beds. Put a cone in the no parking area in front of the gate in the hope that the person parked half in it will move and no one else will block it as I'm hoping that some wood chip will arrive tomorrow.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 23-04-2023

I bet I’ve got a lot more “convincingly dead” stuff than you have ! - and yes I’m hanging on to it all waiting for a miracle or a bleeding great bonfire.
Hope yours survives Jonah.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 23-04-2023

Solidarity, FEW! We shall live in hope that there is some recovery from the rough start to the year and cold wet winter.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 24-04-2023

Hand weeded (mainly dandelions and creeping buttercup) from a border at side of house. I planted a seed mix in this last year but the only thing that seem to have taken were the wallflowers (some in flower now) Smile
After hand weeding and leaving a lot of bare soil I broadcast five packets of different flower mixes over the area. It will be interesting to see what,if anthing,comes! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 24-04-2023

Popped over the plot and fleeced a few things as it's apparently a bit chilly tonight

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 24-04-2023

Took delivery of my wood chip. Woohoo! While I was waiting, shifted some cut bramble to the back of the plot, added weeds and old path wood chip to the compost. Tried to clear some of the weeds that are growing on top of the weed membrane in the composting wood chip. Plot neighbour turned up with fleece and gave me some to hopefully protect against the frost tonight. Also checked on the greenhouse in the back garden and continued to evict snails and slugs.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 24-04-2023

(24-04-2023, 03:18 PM)Broadway Wrote: Popped over the plot and fleeced a few things as it's apparently a bit chilly tonight
That’s what I’ve just finished doing, the garden looks more like a Halloween setting.