Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 18-04-2023

Collected lettuce and potato buckets putting them together.
Dug dandelions out of the lawn, then pulled grass from around stepping stones so we can actually use them.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 18-04-2023

Cleaned out and semi packed another shed and the space up the side of the garage. Made an open sign using my very limited pyrography skills, for the barrow.
Collected a bag of fir cones for my friend. She wants to use them as table decorations for her wedding in October.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 18-04-2023

Tree mulching day today after MrPP cut the grass yesterday. I try to give everything a good depth once a year!
Then started clearing the bed with globe artichokes; it's totally full of grass, sticky willy and creeping buttercup because it didn't get done last year.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-04-2023

Potted on my 7 tomato plants..

At the plot planted a pallet collar bed with seed onions.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 19-04-2023

Watered everything in pots.
Sorted out a selection of plants to get planted in the new garden.
Dug up some snakes head fritillary and put them in a pot for the move. Thought I’d got them all last year.
Made 2 varieties of sweet chilli sauce.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Scarlet - 19-04-2023

Spent most of today in the garden - dug out more nettles from my anemone bed....a gardening friend popped in with astrantia plants she had dug out of her garden and promptly filled the area I had just cleared - love those kind of friends.
Swapped some seedlings and had a couple of coffees while she also cleared my foxglove bed of thistles and helped me hook nets on the corner fence posts of a couple of flower beds. It was so much easier with two people...: though Im not sure she expected to stay all afternoon Big Grin
Planted out about a dozen ranunculus and some nicotiana. Potted on 40 statice, half a dozen black cherry tomatoes
Sowed foxgloves, bladder campion and aquilegia.
Really wanted to cut some daffs for tomorrow but I am shattered.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Roitelet - 19-04-2023

Chopped all the flowers off the Hellebores before they drop seed everywhere and gave the car its annual clean!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-04-2023

Did a lot of wandering and pondering, trying to mentally redraw the original 30 beds into 20 (4 strips of 5 beds - one strip a week on a 4 week rotation). I think I can do it but I'll sleep on it and have another look tomorrow. Took a lot of photos to remind me of what's there at the moment.
Did a bit of weeding and pruning as I wandered so I wasn't completely idle.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 20-04-2023

No proper gardening today but I did move all the tender new plants from the house into the shade outdoors for the first time. They then somehow all get packed into the blow-away for the night as the forecast is double figures overnight for the first time. I see that at just gone 1am it is 8.2 outside...

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 20-04-2023

At the plot planted another pallet collar bed with seed onion and mulched the strawberries with rotted leaves