Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 17-04-2023

Went to the plot and worked on clearing some very problematic areas. Yanked out lots of bindweed root. Added to the compost bin, which seems to be trying to do something now. Checked on the transplants, which are all looking ok. Admired my tulips, which are just coming out now. Sowed some seeds at home. Watch out, world. Giant pumpkins on the way.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 17-04-2023

Planted strawberry runners and potted on tomatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 17-04-2023

We finished the lawn mowing today - it's dried up nicely, considering the grass was squelching as I walked over it yesterday!

I've emptied out pots where plants have died or rotted over winter, topped up the compost bins with grass cuttings, weeded a bit (my goodness, it's growing so quickly!!), ousted some plants from the heat mat to above the heat mat boxes, and ousted seedlings from above the heat mat boxes out to the greenhouse. Busy busy.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 17-04-2023

Oh and I potted up some house plant cuttings that have been sat in a glass in the kitchen window. Watered the salad stack.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-04-2023

Did some hoeing of weeds like sticky willy and something else that has bobbly seeds. Replanted some apple mint that I hoed off by mistake!
Added some weeds to the Hotbin which is heaving with worms, crawling up the sides and under the lid Caught as many worms as I could and transferred them to a wormery.
Went to Lidl in the morning and was asked by an Indian lady how to cook Baked potatoes and which potatoes should she buy. After doing my best to explain about microwave v oven methods she asked whether people ate them with tuna. I suggested cheese or beans as alternatives but it was a very confusing conversation. I hope they turn out OK. there's nothing worse than a rock solid jacket potato.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 17-04-2023

Tied in a rose climbing over the pergola where we sit in summer evenings. After a serious hair cut last year it's growing on well this.
Potted up an agave.
Weeded the Arch bed and sad to see we lost all but one hardy geranium last summer. I'd hope they would come back after shrivelling to nothing in August.
Started work clearing the Goji Bank which had been fully planted up with perennials last year but we lost the lot as we were unable to water anything non productive. The thistles & brambles thrived!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 17-04-2023

Filled 3 trugs with manure , filled 1 with compost from a raised bed. Filled 1 big containers with a mix of compost & manure. That container is now known as my tomato bed. All of these plus some blocks and a some weed fabric got taken up to my new garden. Emptied 1 lot of manure into the raised bed in the cottage garden. The rest got emptied into fish boxes in the little polytunnel. Moved the sweet pea bed outside .

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 18-04-2023

Sowed a load of cucurbits.

Potted out at the plot celeriac and topped up the potatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 18-04-2023

Potted on cucs and squashes from living room windowsill to gh. A free windowsill is imminent, an accord in the war may be in sight.......until I think of something else to wind him up with Big Grin
Then out to lunch with the girls. It's a lovely sunny day and I think I'd rather be in the gh.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-04-2023

Planted some sweetpeas alongside the Zephirine Drouhin rose.
Gave Bed 1A a makeover (its the old chicken run). Pulled up a lot of ivy that had wrapped itself around the posts and took down a bit of superfluous wire netting. Scattered some old Anise and Agastache seeds there.
Dug up some white comfrey - put the leaves around the fruit bushes and the roots in the green waste bin.
Scraped up some worms from the sides of the hotbin and fed them to the fish!! I've decided that I don't really like worms - they give me the heebie-jeebies.