Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-04-2023

Once the rain stopped and wind eased I did the weekly sow list and did some pricking out and potting on.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 16-04-2023

Sown more pre chitted parsnips. Dug up and rehomed some self seeded oregano.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 16-04-2023

(15-04-2023, 01:39 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(15-04-2023, 12:48 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: I seem to remember that YOU asked us all to send our stuff in postal boxes instead of squishy padded envelopes!!!!
Reap what you sow Veggie!
I did but JJB's box was teeny about half the size of your cat box. Big Grin

I have to admit my box was the size of  a pkt of seeds but ½ inch deep. I'm not going to live this one down, am I?   Confused I have a bigger box I can send you Veggie if that will help and some stamps too if you need them.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 16-04-2023

(15-04-2023, 06:23 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Work this morning. Spent a lot of the afternoon in the ditch, planting aubrieta all along the bank. Also did some sewing. Several of the zips on the blow away tunnel were broken so I sewed them closed. Ferried chillies out to the tunnel and back in again.
Love the sound of your aubretia ditch!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 16-04-2023

Spent a lovely day in the gh potting/pricking/shuffling. Put seed swap gazania seedlings into bigger modules, sowed some peas to complete the row of bigger ones planted last week. Planted out a few Cosberg lettuce as well as a few pregrown chard. Scrapped a couple of very unhappy tomatoes, Gourmandia x2 and Indigo Blue Beauty. Don't know why they were unhappy, it looked like aminopryalid contamination but others are well and thriving, all in my DIY compost. Maybe my mix was wrong. Anyway I'm not going to bother replacing them, I've more than enough toms on the go.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-04-2023

Planted a couple of Beth Alpha cucumbers in GH1. Pulled up and chopped some past their best greens that were about to flower and added them to the Hotbin. Seems to be as full as it was, despite the wheelbarrow load that was extracted from it. There are more worms in the Hotbin than in the wormery. I think they're migrating at night.
Wandered around the enlarged veg plot, trying to decide which bits of grass/weeds to turn into veg beds. Ask me again next year!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 16-04-2023

Replanted the lettuces and beetroot plants I could find after the boar had rooted through that veg bed. Enhanced the fencing further, but there's still one unfenced section between us and a neighbour.
Weeded rest of the potager and started weeding the Arch bed.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 17-04-2023

Sowed a trug full of salad leaves.

Potted out at the plot Chinese cabbage and Spinach(Perpetual & Medina)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 17-04-2023

Sowed some small determinate tomatoes and achocha. I've never even tasted achocha before so I'm excited to see how it grows and what it tastes like. 

Finally planted a dozen strawberry plants I picked up on clearance at B&Q last year, £1 for six plants each of Elsanta and Florence. I still couldn't decide where to plant them so I've put three of each in large ceramic pots.

Continued the never ending task of pulling out sycamore seedlings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 17-04-2023

It's been a good year for sycamores, they're sprouting up everywhere, I'm thankful they usually pull up easily. I wonder if there's a sycamore die back. My gh would love the sycamores shading them to be killed off.