Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 15-04-2023

I seem to remember that YOU asked us all to send our stuff in postal boxes instead of squishy padded envelopes!!!!
Reap what you sow Veggie!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 15-04-2023

Joking aside, I guess we must all owe you for extra stamps if we’re getting thirty ish packets.
Let me know!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-04-2023

(15-04-2023, 12:48 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: I seem to remember that YOU asked us all to send our stuff in postal boxes instead of squishy padded envelopes!!!!
Reap what you sow Veggie!
I did but JJB's box was teeny about half the size of your cat box. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 15-04-2023

Sowed some flowers (marigolds and sunflowers)
Potted on some sweet and hot peppers

And that's all I had energy for, I had a dose of food poisoning last night and I'm absolutely bushed today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 15-04-2023

Planted out a few lettuce, cabbage, kohlrabi, beetroot, sunflowers.
Pricked out leek seedlings.
Sowed some seeds.
Mowed the lawn.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 15-04-2023

Pricked out yet more seedlings and put chitted bean seeds into modules. Set up second staging in gh2, it sounds grand but in reality it's a folding pasting table which gets folded away when the toms are ready to go in the border

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 15-04-2023

Work this morning. Spent a lot of the afternoon in the ditch, planting aubrieta all along the bank. Also did some sewing. Several of the zips on the blow away tunnel were broken so I sewed them closed. Ferried chillies out to the tunnel and back in again.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-04-2023

Filled a wheelbarrow with Hotbin compost and put mounds of it where I'll be planting CFBs.
Took down fencing and reconfigured it around the veg plot and old pond. I now have an L shaped plot. Better start planting summat soon. Dug up some buttercups and other weeds that weren't accessible when the fence was in place.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 15-04-2023

The whole crew went to the allotment. Oldest daughter helped sow parsnips then played in her tent. Baby took a nap. Husband weeded and dug brambles. I planted other sweet peas, weeded, added bits to the compost bin, and sheepishly answered questions about how little time I put into the plot (I'm sure the secretary thinks this is supposed to be encouraging a new plotholder about little and often as a strategy, but it just invites them to look at my mess!).

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 15-04-2023

I've tidied up a bit in the back garden - putting things for the tip in one place, things to burn in another etc.

Sowed tomato seeds and planted up begonia tubers I bought last week.

Emptied out plant pots from last year, and weeded a bit along the fence as you enter the back garden. I want to turn a spot there into a little herb garden and it gets sun for most of the day.

I have to tackle the front garden tomorrow. It's getting overgrown with weeds.