Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 10-04-2023

It's a bit like 'what I am trying to do'r ather than what I am getting done. Angry Diving out between showers and trying to construct a semi ornamental log store as it will be  in front of one of my kitchen windows! Smile
I'm making it from recycled door frames and other odd bits of timber I have lying around.I must be getting soft in my old age as there was a time I wouldn't have let adverse weather deter me from cracking on.
Time for a coffee and a quick browse of G & g then see if the wind and rain has backed off any? Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 10-04-2023

I thought I had planted my swift early potatoes but I just found them, covered with greenfly. So the greenfly will be getting rubbed off before planting them out. I must have sowed an extra large number of rocket potatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-04-2023

Lots of pricking out.
Planted up 2 small planters with flowers .
Dug a bucket of Lyme.
Sown seeds.
Lots of working out and planning and getting nowhere.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-04-2023

I went back outside because didn’t feel like I’d done much today.
So I filled another fish box ready to plant onions.  Also had a very late (probably obvious to everyone else) light bulb moment! Struggling to get my home made compost & my 2 darleks of farmyard manure to stretch far enough to fill all the containers I’m growing in this year. I realised I’m being a complete moron again  Rolleyes . I’ve got 7 unused raised beds I can dig some very nice growing material from! Honestly! I really am slow sometimes    Blush .  The new landlords aren’t gardeners. They won’t miss it  Big Grin .

Also emptied the very big chilli tub.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 10-04-2023

haha I did that, SC, when I moved house last year. I went back and forth with bags of all the compost I dug out of all my raised beds at the old house. I still use it now!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 10-04-2023

I thought a lot about what I needed to do, but it was tipping it down most of the time so I had a nice afternoon nap instead. Precisely no gardening done today.

Unless they get called off at the very last minute, I'm on strike this week (well, part of the week - I was already off on Wednesday and working this weekend regardless). So, might make it in the garden for a bit if the rain holds off.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 10-04-2023

We had more wind than rain but it did make going to the plot or working in the dodgy greenhouse fairly unappealing. I did manage to pot on my tomatoes though. Also put the new dahlia tubers in pots of compost.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-04-2023

Same here, DJ, Very windy. I did a bit in the GH but, when the glass started rattling I decided to bring my toys indoors. Pricked out some kale seedlings, pruned the scented pelargoniums and cineraria that have been in the GH overwinter.
Paid a quick visit to the tadpoles to reassure them that the wind wouldn't harm them. They're only young and may be scared by the wind. I know I was and I'm a lot older. Wink

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 10-04-2023

Also - blowing a gale here today.
Far too unpleasant to be outdoors. Wind was going in one ear, rattling around in my brain and shooting out of the other ear.
Brought in a load of auricula seedlings and pricked them out into small modules.
So - not a complete waste of a day.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 11-04-2023

I was otherwise engaged yesterday and didn't get to the garden or on G&G. The weather was intermittently sun and heavy rain no good for outside stuff. Spent most of the day sorting out next door's tablet. How is it that I end up doing these things I know nothing! Anyway got her useless tablet up and running and she's a happy bunny, and I feel virtuous.