Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 08-04-2023

Put a couple of things out to start hardening off. They’re back in the tunnel tonight.
Started filling another fish box ready for chard.
Started putting rocks around the first bed in the cottage garden.
Finished the barrow build. Just got to fill it now.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 08-04-2023

I've had more time in the garden! I sowed three kinds of courgettes and squash (two yellow and a few trombos), cucumber, catmint, a few flowers and sweetcorn. I'll take pics of it all tomorrow, so I can do proper records.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 08-04-2023

First time in garden in ages. Planted 2x25' rows of early potatoes, over 2 weeks later than last year. Then mowed for the first time this year, mulching round an apple and pear tree. Still some more to mow, hopefully tomorrow before more rain arrives.
Shouted at the wood pigeons eating plum blossom. There is loads more on the greengages, why don't they thin that out.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 09-04-2023

Planted some very grateful MT peas, I gave them some manure and compost to sit in as a way of saying sorry for leaving them so long. Now, you see, we'll get some horrendous minus temps that will kill them off. Also planted out sweet peas. Stirred composts.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 09-04-2023

Cut all the old fronds off the ferns. 
Weeded around the gooseberry bushes (didn't find any babies).
Ripped out some Spanish bluebells I found lurking. 
Drenched the agapanthus growing in pots. 
Sowed some cucumber La Diva. 
Thinned out the nicotiana and snapdragon seedlings.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 09-04-2023

Finished filling the fish box I started filling yesterday. And planted 4 chard in it. Planted a couple of lettuce in the kale bed. Pricked out chard purple sprouting broccoli & lettuce.
Did the very first bit of work in my very own garden.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 09-04-2023

I've done so much hard labour in the garden today. Why does it look almost exactly the same as it did when I started?!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 09-04-2023

Mixed the contents of a dalek with soil and leaf mould then used it to fill buckets/boxes and planted some potatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-04-2023

A bit of raking, hoeing, weeding, pottering, pondering, nattering, watering, watching...........

The only thing worth noting is that one of the brassicas in GH1 was covered in caterpillar eggs and teeny little caterpillars. Its not in GH1 now.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 09-04-2023

I found greenfly on a strawberry in the gh, it also is no longer in the gh.