Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 08-04-2023

The plan today is to sow something not sure what, there are several possibilities. Could be courgettes and cucumbers in the gh or might be beets/chard outside, might even be both. Hope to prick out some very leggy tomato seedlings too. Then there's the pea netting to erect and even more digging and weeding. So many choices. We'll see this evening what's been done, no chance of sitting in the sun methinks Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 08-04-2023

Yep.
I need to sow courgettes.
Only had four germinate out of twelve seeds in my Lids “Green Machine” packet.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 08-04-2023

Planted out my sweet peas "horizon mixed" and "parfumière mix", then tied them in, watered and mulched with grass clippings. 
Also planted out the "appleblossom" snapdragons which had overwintered after I sowed them too late. 
While I was preparing the area I noticed that some of the pineapple sages I'd left in the ground have survived the winter again. I thought they'd be toast after those two cold snaps we had but they're putting out fresh shoots. Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 08-04-2023

Potted on French marigolds, sunflowers and nasturtiums today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 08-04-2023

Congrats on overwintering you’re pineapple sage.
And how lovely to have overwintered your snaps.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 08-04-2023

Planted out some Bijou mangetout.
Potted up some Red cabbage seedlings.
Did a bit more debrambling near the old pond - just an excuse to talk to the taddies. I'm starting to forget their names now.....there's Thomas, Tony, Trevor, Terry and Tabitha, Teresa, Tracy and Trixie but the rest look the same.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 08-04-2023

Planted out a few things, including radish, Bijou mangetout, and white crown flowered peas. Direct sowed some seeds, including lettuce and beetroot, because my little garden helper was intent on sowing seeds. Sowed some flower seeds in the greenhouse. Prepped some pots for potting on tomatoes. Now it's time for Easter festivity preparations, including making hot cross buns and chocolate eggs, and possibly some sort of hair ornament for the little ones.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Admin - 08-04-2023

A little of digging and a lot of chatting!

Fergie

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 08-04-2023

(08-04-2023, 09:38 AM)JJB Wrote: The plan today is to sow something not sure what, there are several possibilities. Could be courgettes and cucumbers in the gh or might be beets/chard outside, might even be both. Hope to prick out some very leggy tomato seedlings too. Then there's the pea netting to erect and even more digging and weeding. So many choices. We'll see this evening what's been done,  no chance of sitting in the sun methinks Smile

Didn't quite achieve it all but had a realy good day doing things. Sowed chard and beetroot. Pricked out the toms and some morning glory sunshine serenade. Erected pea netting for peas to be put out tomorrow.  Whilst I was messing about P, bless him, continued digging over one of the patches, notwithstanding that his knee is crocked from when he fell down (silly old duffer) and he has a dodgy back. You can probably guess there wasn't much sympathy from me Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 08-04-2023

Planted out some cabbage and kohlrabi, pricked out some French marigolds, repotted some houseplants and mowed lawns front and back.