Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-04-2023

Filled two wheelie bins with brambles ready for waste collection tomorrow.
Sowed CFBs.
Played the washing IN-OUT game twice!
Watched tadpoles, of course.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 06-04-2023

Moved about two hundred taddies from goldfish pond to ditch.
Great fun.
The ones that got moved a couple of days ago are swarming around nicely.
® reckons we’ll have a plague of frogs. How lovely would that be!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 07-04-2023

Potted on tomatoes and mixed lettuce.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-04-2023

Took down more fencing around the old pond, much to the taddies amusement. Cut back more brambles and nettles.
Neighbours on both sides were mowing their lawns - they have such boring, tidy gardens. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 07-04-2023

I need to pot my tomatoes on but haven't! Maybe tomorrow.

I collected my freebies. Planned to go to the plot but my oldest isn't feeling great, so I stayed home with the little ones. My husband got the shed painted and took out an annoying self seeded laurel from the edge of the path. He also collected my 18 dahlias along with the shed paint from the shop earlier today, packed into bags on his bike.

Hope to get down to the plot tomorrow! Oops, I mean, I'll pot on my tomatoes...

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 07-04-2023

Did some digging to prepare bed for beets and chard, weeded where the bittercress was flowering and on the verge of going to seed.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-04-2023

I pulled up all the honeysuckle that had rooted itself and potted them up. Dug out the bronze fennel and put him in a big pot. when I realised I don’t have any seeds left. Sown seeds. Lifted 32 paving slabs. Started doing a bit of tunnel tidying.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 07-04-2023

Jay cut the grass today, and that filled up two daleks nicely. I cleared out the greenhouse and tidied up a bit.

I laid down new cardboard on the left hand side in the big greenhouse, emptied last year's compost out of the tomato pots onto it. If I get the time, I will empty/turn the big compost heap tomorrow, and spread more compost on that side in the greenhouse.

I will sow more seeds tomorrow, but I'm very chuffed with what I've got done today Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Scarlet - 07-04-2023

Long day today. I dug over one of my back borders. Took out a pittosporum, euphorbia, viburnum - all succumbed to the cold. Dug out lots of bramble. Cut some trellis and OH helped me nail it to my arch over the path. Someone had to hold the ladders. Tied my two roses in and also the clematis.
Im hoping tomorrow is as productive as today.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 07-04-2023

I've been on nights all week and staying away from home as the commute is more than I can manage. Finally made it back at lunchtime today and promptly slept until half six this evening. Pleased to see lots more seeds have germinated, but thankfully nothing has got really leggy in the propagators this time.

While I've been gone, my leaking pipe has been fixed and my Dad has sneakily mown my front garden (he was there to let the plumber in and wanted something to do while the plumber was working, so I have come home to unexpectedly razed grass...)

Really hoping I can sleep tonight and then get out in the garden over the weekend. Lots to do!