Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Roitelet - 03-04-2023

My lovely ‘Man wot does’ came and cut the grass today. I dug oit the leaf mould bin and fed the cockchafer grubs to the chickens, they rewarded me with three eggs! Then I cleared a lot of nettles and made Nettle ‘soup’ for plant food.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 03-04-2023

Its been a lovely sunny day, I even took my jumper off, luckily I had a vest on Smile Started to dig the other end of the lower patch to get it ready for carrots and kale. These two go together notwithstanding crop rotation because they both get netted against insects and birds and go under one length of environmesh. Finished planting the broad bean plants, the mice didn't get that many. Set out some Sturon onion sets. Must venture out after tea to put the babies in the gh to bed under fleece, we're forecast another cold night and im resisting putting heat on unless really necessary..

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-04-2023

Sunshiny day, perfect to spend in the garden.
Pruned some fruit bushes, raspberries and apple trees.
Hunted for broken terracotta pots for someone on the Freebie site who wants to make "little tower gardens and mosaics" in a community garden. Another excuse for getting rid of clutter.
The DFBs I planted out yesterday seem to have survived the cold last night. Hope they get through tonight too.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 03-04-2023

Filled my blueberry beds with ericaceous compost see my fruit framed thread for details.
Watered and fed my cabbage, kale, tomato and flowers modules.
Watered my chilli seedlings n the bedroom, turned off the heating on the propagator tray as I have the lids off them now and the compost is drying out rapidly. I hope the chilli seedlings are ok now.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 04-04-2023

Planted out ten cornflowers.
Pricked out zinnias

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 04-04-2023

Potted on cucumbers, tomatoes, and chilli's.

Weeded the asparagus bed and mulched with some coir compost. Not convinced with the coir but it was reduced last year.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - MartinH - 04-04-2023

Planted out 11 young strawberry plants

and sowed a tray of Aquilegia.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 04-04-2023

Potted on some toms, sowed morning glory.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Admin - 04-04-2023

Planted out 64 onion sets, 4 rows of parsnips, 2 short rows of carrots, two trays of beetroot and a second tray of cabbage

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-04-2023

Planted lots of Babington leeks and a pot of ordinary leeks that I forgot to plant last year!
Watched tadpoles.
Potted up some Giant Chive seedlings.
Watched tadpoles.
Planted a clump of sedum that I dug out of someone's garden a couple of weeks ago.
Watched tadpoles - I can't resist them. Big Grin