Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 26-03-2023

I grew some lathyrus chloranthus last year.
Tiny little green flowers and no scent.
Foliage was a bit vetch-like.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 26-03-2023

Thanks FEW but I've no idea what lathyrus whatever looks like and I've never sown any Smile
I did sow 3 sweet peas in a pot x2. One pot showed up with normal sweet peas, the other with 3 vetch like plants but no peas. A huge coincidence that there were just the three seedlings in just the same position where I expected peas. I think it's a no-brainer that they're weeds but just in case I've potted them up. I will have the best looked after weeds in Salisbury Big Grin

Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!
I’d definitely continue with your sweet peas that look “different”. Might turn up something lovely.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-03-2023

Potted on all my chillies.
Planted out kale into another fish box. Pricked out the rest of kale to go on sales barrow.
Did a little work on barrow.

Must’ve already said about my well looked after weeds last year or the year before.
Tended about 30 modules of what I thought was a beautiful grass called Frosted Explosion. Turned out to be VERY healthy couch grass.
Gave my lovely neighbour a laugh though - she had said all along that it was couch grass.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 08:50 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!
I’d definitely continue with your sweet peas that look “different”. Might turn up something lovely.
I think there were some seeds in one of our seed swaps.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 08:50 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!

I'll try to post pictures, maybe someone will identify it.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 27-03-2023

Seed sowing yesterday.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 27-03-2023

Took delivery of the compost at the allotment. With my husband, barrowed about a third to half up to the plot. Covered the ground in the fruit cage and one of the beds. Plenty to do and will only get heavier after the forecast rain, but very satisfying.

I'll try to add photos to my plot journal at some point. I don't know how to add them from my phone without several maneuvers since they're too big.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Garrett - 27-03-2023

Planted a new blueberry into a container with ericaceous compost and some berberis sticks to try to dissuade the birds from stealing the fluffy fresh compost. 
Placed two obelisks outside and added some extra bamboo canes and twine in preparation for planting out the sweet peas later this week. 
Weeded some ivy and campanula growing in a wall.