Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 05-03-2023

Copying Scarlet- and taking her advice, I have bought some ranunculus corms and put them in mini modules.
Mine aren’t the luscious, individually coloured, many petalled beauties that Scarlet produces - just mixed cheapos from MrT. If I do ok with these, I shall buy some better ones next year- but ranunculus are one of the many things I struggle with, so I’m trying the cheap route.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 05-03-2023

Made another batch of DIY compost. Did some sowing. Set up, but not turned on, the two large propagators in the gh, with their polystyrene bottom insulation and homemade covers, just in case windowsill hostilities break out Big Grin

Definitely got windowsill hostilities in this house.
What with my other half ® AND Fitzroy the cat, I’m fighting a losing battle.

Whoops - surprised to see that my husband’s initial R turned itself into a US trademark symbol in the previous post !
In future I shall refer to him as “trademark”!!

Trademark is currently piling up breeze blocks and putting old single glazing on top of them so that the windowsill hostilities might slacken a bit.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 05-03-2023

Trademark!! Bet you couldn't do it again if you tried. Big Grin

All I did was some raking and clearing in the old chicken run where the playhouse used to be. Yet another little patch that I want to turn over to food production. I'm currently listing all the little patches and trying to decide what will grow where. there are 13 so far !!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 06-03-2023

Weeded my onion bed then fed it with BFB and sea weed granules, then planted onion sets, did some seed planting into modules, cabbages kales and various flowers. Fitted 2 bird nesting houses into the honeysuckle creepers. Made up a bird bath and planted flowers in the bottom of it.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-03-2023

Nearly finished emptying the carrot bed ( bath ) and another load of plants for the new garden are potted on / weeded & tidied up. Will have to be more selective with which plants are getting potted on with the last of the carrot bed compost.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-03-2023

Finished clearing one section of the old chicken run, levelled it and sowed Beetroot (Chioggia - not my favourite but I have 100s of seeds so if they don't germinate it doesn't matter). Edged the bed with radish seeds.
Raked the fallen leaves and twigs off part of Strip 1.
Weeded a space in the veg plot to plant onions tomorrow (maybe - weather dependent).

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 07-03-2023

Potted on a couple more plants. Just the ones that have stayed in the tunnel (been slightly pampered)over winter. To cold to disturb anybody’s roots that are living outside.
Done some sanding of the sales barrow.
Cleaned the Perspex that will be the windows in the barrow. Which took ages because it had the sticky lead strips on it. From when it was a prop ( church windows ) in a film.