Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 08:58 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: Potted up some purple and white liatris spicata corms to get them going.
They’ll be going in the garden later - good for cutting I think.
Very good for cutting. Used them all the time when I was a florist

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 02-03-2023

Tidied up a small border that that had self seeded Limanthes. It's true what they  say,once you've got it you've got it for life! Rolleyes Very easy to transplant. Its starting to take over the allotment where I originally sowed it but can be used as a green manure so not too worried! Cool

Before and after pics below.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 02-03-2023

(02-03-2023, 09:10 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 08:58 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: Potted up some purple and white liatris spicata corms to get them going.
They’ll be going in the garden later - good for cutting I think.
Very good for cutting. Used them all the time when I was a florist
Goodo!
let’s hope they come to something.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-03-2023

Very cold today so I did some raking in Strip 1 to warm up.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 04-03-2023

Got some alstroemeria ligtu hybrid bare roots in the post.
Fantastic large roots
Potted them into one litre pots ready to plant out as soon as they get some too growth going.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 04-03-2023

Top growth!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 04-03-2023

I planted some first earlies type Solist in raised beds in poly tunnel, also planted cabbage (greyhound) and Kale seeds. Have these on the tunnel. Planted tomato seeds in propagator and chilli seeds in a heated propagator. Watered the garlic and onion sets.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-03-2023

Delving in the bottom of a cupboard I found 6 boxes of seed tapes, 10 tapes in each box. I remember buying them (special offer, of course) but only used a few because I could never find a 2m long strip of ground to lay a tape down. This was back in 2016 and things haven't improved since then!
Since it was too cold to play outdoors, I've torn a strip off 6 different tapes and laid them out on some damp kitchen roll as a viability test. My expectations are nil but, as we always say, Every seed deserves a chance.
I also found some flower seed impregnated discs for hanging baskets. These have a similar chance of growing (Nil) so I'm going to lay them out on a bare patch of ground, water them and forget about them. Its that or the compost bin.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 05-03-2023

Spent the afternoon extending the wire fencing around the garden & now have just the last fifty metres to do between us and a new neighbour. We did have a dense native hedge here but he's cut his side back really hard (as he's entitled to do) so now the deer & boar just push through!
Disturbed a badger sleeping next to the house under an olive tree!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 05-03-2023

(04-03-2023, 11:34 PM)Veggie Wrote: Delving in the bottom of a cupboard I found 6 boxes of seed tapes, 10 tapes in each box. I remember buying them (special offer, of course) but only used a few because I could never find a 2m long strip of ground to lay a tape down. This was back in 2016 and things haven't improved since then!
Since it was too cold to play outdoors, I've torn a strip off 6 different tapes and laid them out on some damp kitchen roll as a viability test. My expectations are nil but, as we always say, Every seed deserves a chance.
I also found some flower seed impregnated discs for hanging baskets. These have a similar chance of growing (Nil) so I'm going to lay them out on a bare patch of ground, water them and forget about them. Its that or the compost bin.
Look forward to hearing the results if your experiment.