Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Proserpina - 26-02-2023

Didn't get much done in the garden today. However, I managed a bit of weeding and have sown some peas (for peashoots) and field beans - first things I've sown this year. I do want to get some things in the propagator (just some tomatoes that will be okay outside and some tomatillos, plus various flowers since I can't grow in the greenhouse this year) but I haven't had time yet.

I have spent most of my weekend clearing space for the majority of my stuff to finally move to my house from my Grandma's (where it has been stored since I left Grimsby in 2020). My parents just accepted an offer a month ago, and the buyer is pushing hard for completion in a week (having just announced this date a week ago). The solicitors aren't sure it's even possible, but we are trying our best.

I'm really upset that it means I won't get to walk around the garden one last time, but it is what it is.

I am taking quite a few bits of my Grandma's furniture along with the bits I had stored there. Some things have been given to charity, but we've tried to keep things with sentimental value. As the only person with a largely unfurnished house, that means most of it is coming to me. Moving it all with very little notice is proving stressful for everyone involved.

Here's the house, since I know you all like peeping at house listings! Just a shame you can't see the garden in its full glory. My Grandma was a passionate gardener and it is stunning most of the year round.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-02-2023

Wow, Pros, that's a massive garden. I can see why your Grandma loved it. I hope that the new owners are keen gardeners. Thanks for letting us have a look around. Smile
Its still early days for sowing plants that will live outdoors. Plenty of time in March for that.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 26-02-2023

Thanks Pros, I hope the house and lovely garden is going to someone who'll love it.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - SarrissUK - 26-02-2023

Oooh what a lovely house and grounds Pros! It all sounds very stressful for you. I hope it all goes well. That's not far from me at all, in fact I was at the kennels that is just north of there the other weekend with the dogs, for their outdoor exercise area. Beautiful part of the country Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Bren - 27-02-2023

Pros that really is a garden to be proud of. Hopefully the new buyers will also love gardening.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 28-02-2023

Today Built a bit more of my sweet pea frame. For the new garden.
Started potting on some more plants for new garden.

Yesterday potted on some chilli babies.
Emptied out most of the little tunnel. Just got to empty the compost out of the bath.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-02-2023

Sowed spring onions and shallots.
Potted some Babington leek bulbils.
Cleared dead grass off the rhubarb patch now that I can see where the plants are.
Pruned more raspberries
Cut down more brambles.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-03-2023

A little bit of carrot bed (bath) emptying.
Lots of potting on of new garden plants. And splitting of successfully taking cuttings. So they have a pot each now  Big Grin .
Cutting back, tidying & weeding as I go. One and a bit tables done. 3 and a bit to go.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-03-2023

Found some Bijou mangetout seeds intending to sow them today but it was too cold, even in the GH. It'll be one of my catch-up jobs for the weekend.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 02-03-2023

Potted up some purple and white liatris spicata corms to get them going.
They’ll be going in the garden later - good for cutting I think.