Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 24-10-2023

I've been attacking brambles again. This time its the ones around the oak tree, inside the trampoline frame. They've had some enormous fruit this year but I don't want them to sucker everywhere so, it was time for a chop. Very satisfying. I need to crawl inside the trampoline and try to dig some roots up. Good job I'm little. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Can the Man - 29-10-2023

I weeded my blueberry cranberry fruit frame, no sign of any cranberry’s Sad

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 30-10-2023

Removed as many lilac suckers as possible that had been allowed to grow and were now killing off a hawthorn hedge. Then, when the rain set in, I processed my saved onion seedheads: removed the seeds with lots of chaff then swirled them in water, pouring off all the chaff and floaters, keeping the seeds that sank to the bottom. These are now drying in the conservatory.

I also potted up a geranium cutting that had rooted in water.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-10-2023

So many off and on showers today that everything I did was in 10 minute bursts then head for cover. Did some bits in the GH, stabbed holes in the mud at the bottom of the old pond to help the water drain away, pulled up the last courgettes and left them in the pond as a sacrificial offering, weeded a strawberry patch and saw some berries, picked a few beans that should have been crispy but had turned soggy, pulled up some seed labels which I'll wash and put with the appropriate seed packet ready for next year.
Not much to show for a day's "work" but its better than nothing!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 01-11-2023

More hedge trimming using hand shears, secateurs and a saw. Then went through seed box to check what is needed for next year. Hopefully just parsnip and orange banana tomato, may be some harmony potatoes.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 02-11-2023

The garden has taken a sabbatical atm. Neither P nor I are car enthusiasts but saying that P is eminently practical. He's decided to take the  insides to bits. Instead of Head Gardener I have been demoted to Mechanic's Mate. My poor old arthritic body has been bent into the most unusual shapes to gain access to the Xsara's body innards. It took some time to extricate my head from behind the fascia in the driver's footwell.  Rolleyes We've got all the seats out and dry, boot carpet and attached  sponge underlay out and dry. Both rear and front false floor pans out. Wet vacced loads of water out but still have masses left to do. I'm hoping P can remember how to put it back together. Smile

[attachment=7209]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 02-11-2023

Planted 40 yellow onions sets today, had been in modules for a month to start them off.

Hopefully will do the same with the red sets tomorrow.

Was a tad damp

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 03-11-2023

In the end sowed 40 field beans as a green manure/crop

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-11-2023

The old pond was flooded again so I dropped 2 blocks of coir in the water to absorb some water. Wonder if it will have disintegrated by tomorrow? How many blocks do I need to throw in to raise the soil level to the rest of the ground? (Answers on a postcard please).
Did a bit of GH tidying, hot bin stirring and draining.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 03-11-2023

Took down blow away tunnel frame. Removed most of the contents of the tunnel. Ready for a digger to clear and leave the area for my ( real ) little tunnel. Also pulled out the tomato from one of the hanging basket. Replanted it with a winter flowering trailing pansy.