Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 04-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We Finished building the shed. We might put a door on it at some point.

Harvest some stuff for tea. Painted my daffodil sign. That goes up tomorrow.

That's a very fine shed, who claims ownership?  P complains that every shed, cupboard, box etc he builds gets filled up with 'my rubbish' (his word not mine). Trouble is I can't really refute it, apart from the 'rubbish' bit. When he needs a particular bit of binder twine, plastic sheet or netting, who does he ask?? I rest my case.  I could fill your shed in no time SC Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 12:46 PM)JJB Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We Finished building the shed. We might put a door on it at some point.

That's a very fine shed, who claims ownership?  P complains that every shed, cupboard, box etc he builds gets filled up with 'my rubbish' (his word not mine). Trouble is I can't really refute it, apart from the 'rubbish' bit. When he needs a particular bit of binder twine, plastic sheet or netting, who does he ask?? I rest my case.  I could fill your shed in no time SC Smile
This one is Bobs mostly. It’s for toys with small engines. Like mowers, strimmers. It pretty much already full, but thanks for the offer    Big Grin .

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 02:44 PM)Small chilli Wrote:

This one is Bobs mostly. It’s for toys with small engines. Like mowers, strimmers. It pretty much already full, but thanks for the offer    Big Grin .
You must have a very low crime rate as they woudn't last five minutes around here.................especially with no door! Rolleyes Tongue

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Vinny Wrote:

You must have a very low crime rate as they woudn't last five minutes around here.................especially with no door! Rolleyes Tongue
We never lock the house when we go out either. Keys are left in the car ignition permanently. We’d never find them otherwise.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-10-2023

(04-10-2023, 03:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Vinny Wrote:

We never lock the house when we go out either. Keys are left in the car ignition permanently. We’d never find them otherwise.
Remind me of your address again..................... Big Grin Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-10-2023

It was a jabby sort of day. Took Bess to the Vets for her booster jab in the morning and took myself to the chemist for a flu jab in the afternoon. Also, finally, cashed in the American dollars at the post office and came out with £91 and a bit in £5 and £10 notes which will pay for a few trips to the £5 Pantry. The small change went in a charity box - saved me finding somewhere to put it!
Picked beans and rhubarb and weeded nearby. The beans were a late sowing - 25th July and they're really taking off now. My earlier beans were hopeless.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-10-2023

Planted lots more daffodils.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 06-10-2023

Podded some more beans, harvested about 5 roots of potatoes then started clearing hedge cuttings from last week. Did some weeding in a 'flower border' - mainly self rooted bramble and a wild raspberry type hybrid. It seems to be very vigorous but with minute fruit.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-10-2023

Cut down dead raspberry canes, attacked the plants that are taking over the fence with next door - brambles, ivy, elder. Pulled up the old lovage plants and a lot of lemon balm which is trying to outdo the montbretia by spreading everywhere. I don't hate the lemon balm though, as it smells so wonderful.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 07-10-2023

Finally finished clearing bean sticks and netting. The netting was a bit of a disaster this year. In the unusual summer high winds there were too few bamboo canes to support the bean covered net, so they got blown down. Cleaning the net of twining bean stalks is far more tedious than with using just canes alone.