Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-10-2023

We built a shed today. Put the finishing touches to it tomorrow. Then you will get to see it  Big Grin  . It’s a long term temporary shed. For all the mowers, strimmers and new wheel barrow!  Rolleyes . 

[attachment=7125]

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-10-2023

^^^ That looks cute, I think I want one. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 02-10-2023

(29-09-2023, 10:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: Is that the Matthew Bourne "Swan Lake" with the male swans? Next time you're at the Barre you can imagine you're a swan...........we need pictures. Big Grin
Yep, plenty of 'Men in tights' Rolleyes One thing I did notice was that it was only the lassses that were on their tip  toes, and not the men? I say lasses because similar to footballers there carreer would be over when they were 30' ish and I wondered whether they would have feet problems in later life? I still have no idea what the story was about and why there was a jester? Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 08:41 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(29-09-2023, 10:18 PM)Veggie Wrote: Is that the Matthew Bourne "Swan Lake" with the male swans? Next time you're at the Barre you can imagine you're a swan...........we need pictures. Big Grin
Yep, plenty of 'Men in tights' Rolleyes One thing I did notice was that it was only the lassses that were on their tip  toes, and not the men? I say lasses because similar to footballers there carreer would be over when they were 30' ish and I wondered whether they would have feet problems in later life? I still have no idea what the story was about and why there was a jester? Smile
I used to work with a former ballerina and she always walked and behaved as if she was still in the ballet. We had to go to Llangollen, North Wales to walk the proposed new boundary between two councils. The route included river banks, overgrown hillsides and generally it was a bit on the wild side. There were 4 of us - 3 in walking boots and outdoor clothing, the ballet dancer wore a frock with frilly bits and totally unsuitable shoes. By the end of day one, the dress was in shreds, the frills hanging off in tatters and she'd split the zip down the back. We borrowed a pair of scissors from the hotel and cut off all the frills and pooled some of our spare clothing so that she had something to wear the following day. She was so upset! As for her feet, I've no idea but she wasn't much of an outdoor walker!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 02-10-2023

Dead headed and cut back a few things in the cottage garden. Collected seeds, sown seeds, taken & planted cuttings,

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-10-2023

It rained most of the day so I occupied myself in the GH, clearing out most of the cucumber plants and taking down the canes. Last year the cucumber crop was poor, so this year I grew more plants and cut back on the tomatoes to make room. I've still had more tomatoes than I need and the same goes for cucumbers. Need to find another crop to grow in the GH next summer instead of so many cucumbers!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 03-10-2023

Took penstemon cuttings, still clearing and collecting beans. Veggie how about melon instead of cucs?

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 03-10-2023

I think you should give Kermit another go Veggie  Cool 

That’s aubergine for anyone not in the know  Wink

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 08:54 AM)JJB Wrote: Took penstemon cuttings, still clearing and collecting beans. Veggie how about melon instead of cucs?
I tried Carosello (melon cucumbers) last year but they were a bit iffy. Didn't know when they were ready to eat and not very productive. Maybe I'll try one and a melon again next year.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Small chilli - 03-10-2023

We Finished building the shed. We might put a door on it at some point.

[attachment=7132]

Harvest some stuff for tea. Painted my daffodil sign. That goes up tomorrow.