Garden And Gossip Forums
Seeds to sow in January.... - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Seeds to sow in January.... (/showthread.php?tid=1782)

Seeds to sow in January.... - Scarlet - 27-12-2022

I've had a bit if a disaster with my snapdragons. So i'll start some more asap, and maybe some larkspur and definitely chillies.

Go on, inspire me.....

.....also looking at the best time to sow eucalyptus- would like an early start and I also have hibiscus mahogany splendour for my something new Smile If i can get some going in pots I could keep on my patio ( even though i hate plants in pots!) and they should give me some late autumn foliage that looks a little special.

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - JJB - 27-12-2022

I've been prompted by Veggie to look at snap peas but fear I'm bound to fail without the mild weather she enjoys, so perhaps thinking about it will be as far as it goes. I'm not sowing toms (except windowsill ones) too early this year, unless I get twitchy Big Grin

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - Veggie - 27-12-2022

Is this for flowers, not veggies?

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - Scarlet - 27-12-2022

Either?... im doing chillies, flowers and some trees....

OK, I'll be sowing tomatoes, peas, dwarf beans, courgettes, various herbs, leeks, spring onions, beetroot, carrots, cucumbers, kale..........

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - Scarlet - 27-12-2022

All in January?

Yes, all in January. The end of January is almost February, which is nearly spring.

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - JJB - 28-12-2022

We can have snow in February. I think V just brings out the optimist in us.Smile

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - Garrett - 28-12-2022

I'm going to sort through any perennial flowers and winter sow all those. From memory I think I have Polemonium (Jacob's Ladder), Eryngium (Sea Holly), Verbena Bonariensis and various Hollyhocks. Whatever I find shall be sown!

I'm also going to do some Sweet Peas and Cerinthe. Cerinthe can take quite a bit of cold so I like sowing an early batch, then following with a later one for successive flowers.

RE: Seeds to sow in January.... - Scarlet - 23-02-2023

(28-12-2022, 11:36 AM)Garrett Wrote: I'm going to sort through any perennial flowers and winter sow all those. From memory I think I have Polemonium (Jacob's Ladder), Eryngium (Sea Holly), Verbena Bonariensis and various Hollyhocks. Whatever I find shall be sown!

I'm also going to do some Sweet Peas and Cerinthe. Cerinthe can take quite a bit of cold so I like sowing an early batch, then following with a later one for successive flowers.
I put in all the cerinthe seeds you put in the seed swap - all popped and growing well.