Garden And Gossip Forums
Scarlets Garden - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: My Garden Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Dear Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+--- Thread: Scarlets Garden (/showthread.php?tid=178)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Scarlets Garden - Vinny - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 10:45 AM)Scarlet Wrote: A few more....
All looking brill Scarlet. The pink single poppy is the same as the ones that have popped up on my plot recently. Cool

RE: Scarlets Garden - Spec - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 01:38 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Big Grin thank you Spec! I think that's a compliment Smile

Oh Scarlet, would it be anything elseRolleyes Smile

RE: Scarlets Garden - Small chilli - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 02:23 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 02:09 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 01:39 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 12:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Beautiful Scarlet. You’ve been work flipping hard on that.  That’s exactly what I want my new flower beds to look like .
I’m also a huge fan of that peach rose & that stunning dark purple clematis and everything else  Heart
The dark purple clematis is etoile violette - chop down in Spring and it bounces back.
£5 for 3 in Asda Wink
I’m not going to my nearest Asda in Glasgow just for a clematis, no matter how pretty    Tongue .

now I know the name I’ll keep an eye out for one a little closer to home  Smile .
I've tried to take cuttings and I've never had any luck - then a friend said they were in Asda! Bargain.
I’ve only had one clematis cutting take. I think that was just pure luck. They seem to be really difficult. I’ve tried loads and at different times.

RE: Scarlets Garden - PyreneesPlot - 21-06-2021

Absolutely fabulous borders Scarlet. Glorious Smile
And thanks for naming the clematis. I have one but had lost the label, I just knew it was Violette something. Mine came from Aldi or Lidl!!

RE: Scarlets Garden - Scarlet - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 07:55 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Absolutely fabulous borders Scarlet. Glorious Smile
And thanks for naming the clematis. I have one but had lost the label, I just knew it was Violette something. Mine came from Aldi or Lidl!!
Thank you PP. I think they are a really useful plant! I'm going to remember next year that they have them in and try to get a few more. 
I've just bought myself some steel rods to make some supports for my plants.....wondering if I can wire up some kind of arches that won't fall down Big Grin

RE: Scarlets Garden - Scarlet - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 03:12 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 10:45 AM)Scarlet Wrote: A few more....
All looking brill Scarlet. The pink single poppy is the same as the ones that have popped up on my plot recently. Cool
Thank you. I am hoping to save some seed....would love it to be repeated a bit more throughout the border.

RE: Scarlets Garden - Scarlet - 13-05-2023

Anyone grow gladioli?

I'm not super keen on the big ones but occasionally here I see the odd wild one - and I love the super bright pink. Anyway, I planted loads a couple of years ago hoping they would also gently self seed. They didn't come?!
They have popped up this year! I love them - I hope they do spread... it's difficult to take a good photo of this border - its a bit crammed and looks messy. But its filled with roses, lupins, alliums and nepeta. Now the glads are popping up!
https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/publications/the-plant-review/the-plant-review-back-issues/2013-issues/march/two-uk-gladiolus.pdf
Just incase anyone wants a read up on wild glads ^^^
[attachment=6355]

RE: Scarlets Garden - Knotty - 13-05-2023

Love your garden Scarlet, such a beautiful selection of plants.

RE: Scarlets Garden - Scarlet - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 10:31 AM)Knotty Wrote: Love your garden Scarlet, such a beautiful selection of plants.
Thank you. I am always adding bits and spend most of the summer out there... unfortunately I am over run with ground elder but from afar it looks like ground cover Smile

RE: Scarlets Garden - JJB - 13-05-2023

(13-05-2023, 09:51 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Anyone grow gladioli?

I'm not super keen on the big ones but occasionally here I see the odd wild one - and I love the super bright pink. Anyway, I planted loads a couple of years ago hoping they would also gently self seed. They didn't come?!
They have popped up this year! I love them - I hope they do spread... it's difficult to take a good photo of this border - its a bit crammed and looks messy. But its filled with roses, lupins, alliums and nepeta. Now the glads are popping up!
https://www.rhs.org.uk/about-the-rhs/publications/the-plant-review/the-plant-review-back-issues/2013-issues/march/two-uk-gladiolus.pdf
Just incase anyone wants a read up on wild glads ^^^

I've said it before, but you learn something new every day. I have some, what I thought were magenta early crocosmia, but thanks to you Scarlet, I think they're wild gladdies. They're not quite out here but definitely in bud and are spreading slowly. I will inspect the flowers when they come out to see if they are indeed gladioli