Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Random Seed Swap - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Seed saving and swapping (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Seed swaps (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Thread: 2023 - Random Seed Swap (/showthread.php?tid=1773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - JJB - 03-04-2023

Mine are going to post today.

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - Scarlet - 03-04-2023

So mine are already to go. Will post when i take the dogs out.

I put a few commercial seed packs in.
Those that I thought had more in than you would use Ive split and put into separate envelopes to share equally.
Im writing these down so that I remember you may not want them again.
So 7 parcels each containing:
Pony tails amaranth
Coral fountain amaranth
Vebena hastata - s/s fab getmination.
Saponaria - white
Euphorbia marginata - snow top
Primula candelabra - ( hoping to get these going myself at the moment)
Orach plumes mixed
Giant yellow scabious

Mine are all commercial and sealed indate packets, did you want them opened and separated.?

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - Veggie - 03-04-2023

(31-03-2023, 05:22 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: You won’t receive the familiar old padded envelope this time, Veggie.
(The one that has been backwards and forwards to the pair of us goodness knows how many times!).
But you will get the same old stamp. I cut it off and stuck it on the little box.
In case anything goes wrong, let me  know and I will reimburse you.
They've arrived and the Teflon stamp has survived another journey. Big Grin
Lots of lovely flower seeds in this box.!

(03-04-2023, 11:04 AM)JJB Wrote: Mine are all commercial and sealed indate packets, did you want them opened and separated.?

Too late they're posted  Big Grin  post office lady wouldn't accept the old non barcoded stamp even though she accepted there was a grace period till end July.  She sold me the extra stamps and said to put in the postbox it would go ok, but her system wouldnt accept the old stamp. She was livid at Royal Mail for making her job difficult.

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - Veggie - 03-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 11:04 AM)JJB Wrote: Mine are all commercial and sealed indate packets, did you want them opened and separated.?
Nope. I'm not doing anything with the packets except randomly sharing them out. Shame about the stamps. Jobsworth.;D

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - SarrissUK - 03-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 09:45 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I have the stamps, but not any envelopes to split seeds into and I'd mostly be sharing seeds where I also want to keep some for myself. My fault for not venturing out into the rain to buy any while I've been off, but I'm now on nights and dealing with another big leak in my house.

When was the deadline again?

Check your covid test boxes - there's usually plastic sealable bags in them Smile

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - Veggie - 05-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 12:18 PM)JJB Wrote:

Too late they're posted  Big Grin  post office lady wouldn't accept the old non barcoded stamp even though she accepted there was a grace period till end July.  She sold me the extra stamps and said to put in the postbox it would go ok, but her system wouldnt accept the old stamp. She was livid at Royal Mail for making her job difficult.
They've arrived and Frank didn't notice them. I expect the motley collection of stamps confused the poor chap. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - JJB - 05-04-2023

Your Frank is a waste of space thank goodness. Not sure you'll be able to reuse the box though.

RE: 2023 - Random Seed Swap - Veggie - 05-04-2023

I'm sure it will be of use, somehow - even if you receive 2 packages. Big Grin