Garden And Gossip Forums
Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! (/showthread.php?tid=1714)

Pages: 1 2

Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Veggie - 03-10-2022

I want to know all about your Bells, Flaps and Knockers - but, you'll be relieved to know, there's no need for photographs. Big Grin

As you know, I've been out and about recently, calling at strangers' homes to collect their unwanted items. The assortment  of Bells, Flaps and knockers I've  had to touch is quite amazing. 
This morning, I was forced to stand on tiptoe to reach the lady's knocker. Why she needed it that high I've no idea.

Anyway, tell me what you have and whether its user friendly please - just in case I ever come to visit.

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Vinny - 03-10-2022

Helen & I were/are ardent toon fans Cool . Someone whois buried next to her has large Sunderland/Mackem football flags on there grave. It bugs the hell out of me but I would be desecrating a grave if I set fire to them. Sick

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Can the Man - 03-10-2022

I have a Ring video system for my bell so we can talk to a delivery person if we are not there to tell them where to leave the parcel or whatever. It’s got a sensor that picks-up any movement and records it in the cloud. Highly recommend it.

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Veggie - 03-10-2022

Can, if I pressed your bell, would you speak to me or ignore me? Most importantly, is it at a height that I could reach?

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Can the Man - 03-10-2022

Veggie, yes i’d talk to you and yes it’s at a perfectly useable height, I fitted it myself

Thank you Can. Big Grin

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Bren - 03-10-2022

No bell or anything just have to knock anywhere on the door, if we're in the garden I put a 'use side gate' note on.
Mostly I forget but then friends/family know to ring our mobiles.

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - Small chilli - 03-10-2022

We have a door handle ( very bog standard, nothing flash )& a key hole.
No bells, flaps or knockers or windows  Smile .

RE: Bells, Flaps and Knockers! - SarrissUK - 03-10-2022

We have a door bell that chimes an annoying tune when people come around, which some people use. Others use the knocker on the door that is quite possibly too high up for you Veggie - it stands at 5" or so?
Others just knock on the living room window that is directly to the left if you face the door.

(03-10-2022, 07:31 PM)Bren Wrote: No bell or anything just have to knock anywhere on the door, if we're in the garden  I put a 'use side gate' note on. 
Mostly I forget but then friends/family know to ring our mobiles.
I've been to houses like yours, Bren. Stand there, puzzling about how to attract attention, believing that there must be a bell or a knocker somewhere. Rapping on a door with your knuckles can be painful too. 
You're safe - I won't be visiting, unless you're in the garden. Big Grin