Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Pumpkin competition - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Competitions (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: 2023 - Pumpkin competition (/showthread.php?tid=1711)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - PyreneesPlot - 25-01-2023

The seeds have made landfall at my Mum's thank you. Just have to put into place operation seed smuggle now  Cry  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Veggie - 25-01-2023

Hope you're still at your Mum's, PP. What if you posted them to yourself? Would that work?

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - PyreneesPlot - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 04:55 PM)Veggie Wrote: Hope you're still at your Mum's, PP. What if you posted them to yourself? Would that work?

Back home now, but will no doubt be over again before seed sowing time as all our remaining parents have failing health  Sad  
Seeds require an EU passport to be inported from countries outside of the EU so that now means seeds from the UK, too.
But I fly into a tiny airport here, so small I now recognize both the Douanes so will probably be fine. I assume there are no biosecurity hazards in your garden  Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Veggie - 25-01-2023

Absolutely NO Biosecurity hazards here - whatever they may look like! Sorry I missed your visit.

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Small chilli - 05-04-2023

My Dill’s Atlantic Giant have been sown this afternoon Big Grin . Anyone else started theirs off yet?

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - JJB - 05-04-2023

I'm thinking of sowing courgettes, squases etc towards the weekend, your competition pumpkin might just be amongst the seeds I sow, if I can figure where they are. I'm surprised you didn't sow them last month, knowing your tropical microclimate Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Veggie - 05-04-2023

Would anyone like some more giant pumpkin seeds? I have about 200 of them, from memory!

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Small chilli - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 05:15 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm thinking of sowing courgettes,  squases etc towards the weekend, your competition pumpkin might just be amongst the seeds I sow, if I can figure where they are. I'm surprised you didn't sow  them last month, knowing your tropical microclimate Big Grin
Have you completely lost the plot woman  Big Grin  Big Grin . What microclimate?!  Huh . Are you confusing me with a lovely slightly nutty Welsh lady ? In which case I’m flattered    Cool .

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - Veggie - 05-04-2023

Just play along with JJB - she's the Confused Nutter in this club. Wink

RE: 2023 - Pumpkin competition - JJB - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 06:40 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 05:15 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm thinking of sowing courgettes,  squases etc towards the weekend, your competition pumpkin might just be amongst the seeds I sow, if I can figure where they are. I'm surprised you didn't sow  them last month, knowing your tropical microclimate Big Grin
Have you completely lost the plot woman  Big Grin  Big Grin . What microclimate?!  Huh . Are you confusing me with a lovely slightly nutty Welsh lady ? In which case I’m flattered    Cool .

Yes I've completely lost the plot, ignore me! Confused totally Cry . I think you might qualify for the label of macro climate, your weather is nothing if not big.. 
Putting  you and V side by side you can obviously see why I might think you were twins Tongue  .......now that has got me giggling  Wink  sorry.