Garden And Gossip Forums
A challenge - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: A challenge (/showthread.php?tid=1693)

Pages: 1 2

A challenge - Small chilli - 14-09-2022

A challenge for those ladies & gentlemen that make bunches of flowers for home or sale.

I’ve just had a crazy idea   Big Grin Rolleyes After looking at the quaking grass thread. 
See who can make the most attractive and creative bunch of grasses   Big Grin . GRASSES ONLY ! 
Any time of year , when ever you think the best selection is available. One in each season if you like. This can be an on going challenge    Smile . If those of you that sell want to see if grass sells, do it  Big Grin ( I know some grass sells but that a completely different grass  Wink ) .
Let’s see everyone’s grass bunches here. Go on boys & girls you know you like a challenge.

RE: A challenge - Scarlet - 14-09-2022

I have no room to grow grasses! Just the odd one or two...I don't think I would have enough for a bunch at one time?

RE: A challenge - Veggie - 14-09-2022

I'm out! Can't stand grasses. Probably have some seed packets you can have though. Big Grin

RE: A challenge - Small chilli - 14-09-2022

Here’s my autumn/ winter grasses. I’ve only deliberately grown the quaking grass. The rest is just what’s around the field & garden.

[attachment=5355]

Your grasses don’t have to be all home grown    Wink  Smile .

My spring bunch will be better. The cotton grass will be out then

RE: A challenge - JJB - 14-09-2022

Got no grass. Even the lawn is yellow with drought.

RE: A challenge - Scarlet - 15-09-2022

(14-09-2022, 05:15 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Here’s my autumn/ winter grasses. I’ve only deliberately grown the quaking grass. The rest is just what’s around the field & garden.

Your grasses don’t have to be all home grown    Wink  Smile .

My spring bunch will be better. The cotton grass will be out then
I would be interested to see if you can sell something like this - cos I hate grasses Big Grin anything "dried" really. 
I have changed my mind with FEWs helichrysum ... I've found that I quite like them, love the colours,  though I hate the sound they make. First time i've grown statice was this year - not keen on that either but it's worked brilliantly in bunches.... the thought of cleaning up all those grass seeds when they land on the table

RE: A challenge - Farendwoman - 15-09-2022

Can’t go wrong with helichrysum ….. though I cannot grow statice for the life of me. Have just been out and picked a decent quantity of stuff for tomorrow’s Market.
Gets harder every week!

RE: A challenge - Scarlet - 15-09-2022

(15-09-2022, 02:39 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Can’t go wrong with helichrysum ….. though I cannot grow statice for the life of me. Have just been out and picked a decent quantity of stuff for tomorrow’s Market.
Gets harder every week!
It has to be dahlias!! Give them another go... todays pickings.

[attachment=5357]

Is this a challenge? 
Here’s my pickings!
But …… my customers don’t like yellow!

But you’re right ….. I ought to have another go with dahlias - they look fabulous.