Garden And Gossip Forums
Sales barrow makeover - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Sales barrow makeover (/showthread.php?tid=1685)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Scarlet - 09-04-2023

Looks fab SC!

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Farendwoman - 10-04-2023

I think it’s absolutely magnificent!

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Small chilli - 17-04-2023

I’ve done a sign for the barrow now as it wasn’t really screaming stop and buy something.

[attachment=6171]

It still doesn’t scream buy something. So I’m about to go make an open / closed sign  Big Grin .

And it’s still not where I want it but the man I need to ask is on holiday at the moment.

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Farendwoman - 17-04-2023

Love it!

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Small chilli - 08-05-2023

Sales are slow but then there aren't many holiday makers looking to take home a few veg plants  Big Grin . I've had to remove the bird boxes that bob made, from the Barrow.  Mrs. Wasp decided a nest box was a perfect place for her to raise her offspring.  Mrs. Wasp's nest was relocated as best I could , while she was out. Hopefully she'll think the money box to small to build in.

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Knotty - 08-05-2023

I hope sales soon pick up for you, it certainly looks the part.  Do you have many near neighbours where you are?

I remember years ago I had a stall outside mainly selling plants which really took off, at the time we were on quite a busy road with plenty of punters passing.

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Veggie - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 04:02 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Sales are slow but then there aren't many holiday makers looking to take home a few veg plants  Big Grin . I've had to remove the bird boxes that bob made, from the Barrow.  Mrs. Wasp decided a nest box was a perfect place for her to raise her offspring.  Mrs. Wasp's nest was relocated as best I could , while she was out. Hopefully she'll think the money box to small to build in.
Could you put a cork/plug or some sort in the hole? Maybe just a "Buzz off" sign would warn Mrs Wasp off?

(08-05-2023, 04:10 PM)Knotty Wrote: I hope sales soon pick up for you, it certainly looks the part.  Do you have many near neighbours where you are?

I remember years ago I had a stall outside mainly selling plants which really took off, at the time we were on quite a busy road with plenty of punters passing.
Not many closer neighbours. Only 9 houses with permanent residents in the village    Smile . Hopefully things will pick up when I have some bunches of flowers available.

(08-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 04:02 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Sales are slow but then there aren't many holiday makers looking to take home a few veg plants  Big Grin . I've had to remove the bird boxes that bob made, from the Barrow.  Mrs. Wasp decided a nest box was a perfect place for her to raise her offspring.  Mrs. Wasp's nest was relocated as best I could , while she was out. Hopefully she'll think the money box to small to build in.
Could you put a cork/plug or some sort in the hole? Maybe just a "Buzz off" sign would warn Mrs Wasp off?
We did consider putting tape over the holes with a note explaining. We might do that yet. I like the buzz off idea   Cool .
We’ve managed to sell a couple of them. While they were still on show  Smile .

RE: Sales barrow makeover - Scarlet - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 07:18 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Veggie Wrote:
We did consider putting tape over the holes with a note explaining. We might do that yet. I like the buzz off idea   Cool .
We’ve managed to sell a couple of them. While they were still on show  Smile .
I was at a craft fair selling jewellery last year - the best stall was a guy who had made bird boxes and feeders. He had used tree trunks and hollows out the middles.