Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 15-06-2020

Just finished cutting a beech hedge down one side of the garden. Rolleyes Taking dog for a walk then its back to hedgecutting a privet hedge down side of house. Shy

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 15-06-2020

(15-06-2020, 01:28 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Finished off the oak 'trees', 150 in total. Tied up the last 8 tomatoes in the GH. Was going to weed round some newly planted comfrey but noticed a lady blackbird round there with some nesting material in her beak. I would have thought it a bit late for nest building so will keep an eye on her to see what she is up to as it could really do with some nettles removing from wheree it is.
Hello Mark

Finished off the oak 'trees', 150 in total???

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 15-06-2020

(15-06-2020, 03:01 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(15-06-2020, 01:28 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Finished off the oak 'trees', 150 in total. Tied up the last 8 tomatoes in the GH. Was going to weed round some newly planted comfrey but noticed a lady blackbird round there with some nesting material in her beak. I would have thought it a bit late for nest building so will keep an eye on her to see what she is up to as it could really do with some nettles removing from wheree it is.
Hello Mark

Finished off the oak 'trees', 150 in total???

If they ever get planted out it will give me a reason to live a long time to watch them growing up.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 15-06-2020

If you need any more oak seedlings..................I have oodles, all coming up in the wrong places. Pesky squirrel. has he no idea about planting properly.Wink

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 15-06-2020

Planted out another half dozen toms, picked 3 punnets of strawberries, more bedding out. I have a couple of pals coming over for an afternoon coffee tomorrow so Paul cut the grass and hedges for our 'garden party'. Told friends they have to wear floaty flowery dresses and wide brimmed floppy hats Smile Not going to happen! I'm waiting on the rude remarks in reply.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 15-06-2020

Earthed up spuds. I think next week will be the last time for that job.
Fed chillies, tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes, tromboncino, strawberries, aubergines, asparagus & DFB.
Sterilised bottles ready for champagne ( tomorrow’s job ).

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 15-06-2020

Potted on comfrey roots kindly sent by TMT

5 bags of grass clippings wheelbarrowed to the plot

Walked down the canal for a couple of bits from Iceland (Latest pic of the swan family added to wildlife post)

Tomorrow expecting our first delivery from Sainsburys since lockdown, the hatches are definitely lifting!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 15-06-2020

As well as stuff mentioned in earlier post I cut the lawns. Two large bags of grass cuttings for allotment. Idea

My dog was watching me lovingly out the French windows as I was cutting the grass and almost begging me for another walk.(He had already had two today)

Just got back from a 1 1/2 hour walk with him 'Round the Alice' This is a well known local walk but I have no idea where it got its name from?

Looking forward to some mussels I got from Aldi for supper. Cool

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 16-06-2020

Actually got round to thinning the chard, and rummaging around in the beetroot rows for baby ones, kidding myself I was thinning when actually I was scrumping. Do you all thin out religiously? I hate doing it, I think of all those baby plants cut off before their prime (never mind the logic of thinning out stuff). I should sow thinly, but then I sprinkle a few more seeds just in case germination is poor. There is no hope for me Sad

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 16-06-2020

In the kitchen all day turning stuff I’ve grown into stuff that will keep a little longer.