Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 22-12-2020

Had a nice walk down the canal into town to get Mrs B a Christmas/Birthday pressie, shops were better than I expected.

Quick walk to the plot this afternoon to bail out the bucket inside the shed, wish my butts collected as much water! ??

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 22-12-2020

[attachment=1827]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 23-12-2020

I had been stockpiling cardboard in my  car ready to take to allotment. As I need the space in car tomorrow to drop off Christmas presents I decided to take the cardboard to the allotment and dump it. It is pouring with rain and  parts of the allotment are flooded. Cry

Unfortunately one of the flooded areas is right next to my greenhouse where I had planted a grapevine outside and fed it in through a broken pane.
This area is under water and as the grape vine wasn't cheap and there is a strong possibility the roots will rot, I decided to lift it again and put it into a compost filled large pot. This should mean the roots aren't permanently flooded and it will eventually grow through the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
By the time I had finished I was like drowned rat. Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 23-12-2020

Was over at the shore yesterday to collect some seaweed, one of my grandsons was with me to give a hand, so collected 7 bags of seaweed, though his idea of a full bag of seaweed and mine are slightly differentRolleyes but I was still grateful for the assistance, today I had to wash the sand off the seaweed as GS didn't shake the seaweed before putting it into the bag and it contained a fair bit of sand, however it is now washed and on a couple of veg beds, could be doing with a few bags more but think I will need to wait a bit for that as tomorrow being Christmas eve I will be in a lock-in to make sure I do some housework and on Boxing day I will be in lock down, I wonder if collecting seaweed would be considered ecential work Confused

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 23-12-2020

Potted on the last of my walky leeks, 27 now sitting in the yard

Potted on the first 2 Babington Leeks to produce shootsSmile

Made some banana bread, well I helped Mrs BSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 23-12-2020

Recovering from some Guinness overindulgence last night.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Admin - 24-12-2020

Just looking at Guinness is enough of an over indulgence for me.

Went to the plots, got wet, came home

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 24-12-2020

^^^^^^^ By the looks of that it would be fine going out for a drink with you, not so sure about Can but think he would quit before the end of the night, that would just leave women to drink with and I think I would be finished before themSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 24-12-2020

Was out in the hut for a time and took some fuchsia cuttings, was going to clean out the greenhouse but decided against that as its getting a bit cold

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 24-12-2020

Popped some food scraps to the plot/dalek, very wet and cold there!