Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 10-12-2020

(10-12-2020, 10:16 AM)Veggie Wrote: Where to start..................
Apologies Vinny for missing your wren remark - I was too busy trying to picture a Spike Milligan compost bin.Wink

Specs - for once you are right - a farthing is a fourth thing of a penny, just as a half penny was, literally, a penny cut in half. We've lost all these meaningful words with decimal currency!
and my surprise package has been revealed on another thread - so you'll have to look for it. Tongue

I see you put "for once you are right" instead of "as usual you are right" but I take it the mistake was made due to your excitement of getting your hotbin, which I will be happy to receive when you lose patience with it, so keep the packaging and I will forward you my address and cost of postageBig Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 10-12-2020

Planted 6 Dwarf Patio Fruit Trees into pots.

Potted on / pruned geraniums, 15 cuttings and 4 pots in total.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 10-12-2020

Not much in the garden just composting lettuce that's gone to seed and pulling up nasturtiums.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 11-12-2020

Picked up 2 aqua rollers from FB today, should hopefully aid me with my water challenges at the plot.

Potted on the remaining Walking Onions – They are currently on a windowsill, any advice on when they can go out please?

A bit more tidying of the yard

Am now cooking Mrs B's redundancy curry in instalments??

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 11-12-2020

Baking and kitchen work. Forgot to do the advent seed thingy yet again, must sort myself out.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 11-12-2020

I have sown, some pansy, colius and onion seeds today, but really need to get into the greenhouse and get that all cleaned out

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 12-12-2020

Put some timber framing round the top of my new raised bed, as the bed is made with paving slabs on the two ends and one side and the other side made with tin sheeting the timber will make. It easier to secure my micromesh tunnel

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 12-12-2020

Fed Mr Greedy with a couple of trugs of Montbretia and Vinca. Finally, I have found a good use for them!
Nippy but sunny this morning so it was quite pleasant outdoors. Getting colder now so its time to sort seeds and play. Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 12-12-2020

I took delivery of a large trailer load of well seasoned logs yesterday. The problem was they arrived just as it was starting to get dark. I worked on with wheelbarrow managing to get 8 barrow loads transported and stacked. By then it was dark and raining heavily so I decided to call it a day and transport the other 30 barrow loads (approx) today.
Starting at 10.00 am and with the help of my Grandson I managed to get all logs stacked under cover, just in time to watch the match at 2.00pm. Newcastle won the game Cool so I was pleased about that and there is a lovely smell permeating through the house of the stew I have simmering away in the oven. Smile
Got to go now as I have the tatties to peel so we can have mash with the stew and watch Anthony Joshua defend his titles on SKY Box Office. Cool

TTFN

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 12-12-2020

Potted on the wild garlic bulbs I received today.

Finished tidying the yard / coal bunker. I can now sow/pot bits in the dry albeit a tad dark in the bunker!