Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 28-11-2020

I dug out some montbretia clumps, also removed some crocausmia that I had missed when clearing 5hem the other day, I had broken the shaft of one of my spades the other day, it was not an expensive spade I bought it in Lidles, but it is one that I like, as it has a longer shaft than most others and ideal for digging into the soil and resting onSmile when it broke I had 3 choices, throw it away and buy a new one, buy and fit a new shaft or glue and whip the broken shaft, so now the shaft has been glued and whipped and is working a treatBig Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 28-11-2020

It’s been a beautiful day. After work I spent the rest of the day in the garden. Weeded 3 beds. Covered 2 full beds & 2 half beds. Potted up some thyme & rose campion. Cut down the herbs. Walked up to the plot to check on the trees.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 28-11-2020

Attended an online funeral of my friends mother she was 89 would have been 90 on New Year’s Day. The went to pick up my wife’s hairdresser voucher for her Christmas present, also called into the off licence and got a few Belgian beers. Home then to take down the Christmas decorations and tree and spent the afternoon sorting out he lights and putting up the tree. Made the dinner then lit the fire now relaxing.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 29-11-2020

Erected the net frame in the Taunton Deane & Nine Star Broccoli bed

Layered a 1/3 of the bean trench with food scraps and spent compost

Noticed some disturbance in the asparagus bed so protected the young plants with plastic bottles, not sure it this is required?

More weeding, mainly at the bottom where all the crap was thrown last year. This area needs to reclaimed, or at least tidied ??

RE: Tell us what you did today - Norfolk Grey - 29-11-2020

Yesterday I hacked my neighbours willow so I can make a reindeer for next weekend when me and the girls dig up a christmas tree out of the paddock. (fingers crossed it does look like a reindeer when I am finished) Hacked the buddleia hedge today and pulled some nettles to fill the brown bin. Ordered some willow whips to make a fedge (so hope I don't regret that decision)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 29-11-2020

Dug up more montbretia, vinca and brambles. I want to widen and straighten this path and remove a parallel path that is nearer the fence.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 30-11-2020

I filled a tray and a couple of pots ready for the seedy advent.
Posted seeds for the circle.
Pinned down some snowflakes  Huh  Shy .

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 30-11-2020

Continued weeding / hacking the crap zone at the plot.

Collected 8 more pallet collars.

Started tidying the coal bunker / garden storage room.

Set-up a new Firestick for the tv upstairs.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 30-11-2020

Dug up a massive clump of lemon balm that somebody on the local FB Gardening freebies wanted!!! Glad to see the back of it -there's plenty more if anyone wants some. Smile

Filled some modules ready for Advent Seed Sowing and brought them into the house to warm up.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 30-11-2020

Fell off a ladder while cementing around the outside of the main pipe from the upstairs toilet. Luckily I landed on my feet and fell against the wall so only a little damage. As usual I mixed up way too much mortar and had to have a walk around the house looking for places to lose it. Rolleyes
Grouted a few tiles in the upstairs bathroom and noticed the difference now that the pipe was sealed and there was no draft up the Kyber regions. Big Grin
Bought a 49p Basil plant from Aldi so I can get rid of the plant I have had  on the kitchen windowsill for about 3 months.

Fancy a fishing trip tomorrow so will need to sort out my long-johns and wet weather gear. I blame my Son for being a jinx as the last twice I have went fishing with him I have blanked. Try by myself tomorrow methinks and see whether I can break my duck. Wink