Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 25-11-2020

Called in at plot just to see how things were doing. Harvested three mahoosive parsnips (why is there never anyone around to gloat to on the site when I grow summat decent?) Rolleyes
Glad to see my row of purple flowered green manure has germinated (forgot its name) Cry

There were three cauli's ready to cut so I cut em. I was wondering if I leave the cauli plants with maybe an X cut in the stem whether they will grow smaller cauli's as I do with cabbage? Huh Nowt like an experiment! Smile

Came home end weeded the border at the front of my house. Planted a few Cineraria Maritima which seem to do well there.They are supposedly a half hardy annual but as long as I nip off the horrible yellow flowers they have survived for about three years now. Cool

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 25-11-2020

1. Phacelia

2. Maybe you'll turn your cauli into sprouting broccoli?

What did I do?. Weeded Montbretia and some other "flowers" from a "garden" that I'm revamping.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 26-11-2020

(25-11-2020, 11:00 PM)Veggie Wrote: 1. Phacelia

2. Maybe you'll turn your cauli into sprouting broccoli?

What did I do?. Weeded Montbretia and some other "flowers" from a "garden" that I'm revamping.
That's the one Veggie!  Confused

It would be nice if summat else sprouted from cauli's but I fancy they might just die on me having fulfilled there obligation? We shall see, I'll give em a chance. Wink

On the tiles again today methinks. Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 26-11-2020

Nice and frosty this morning, some pictures below?

Layered the bean trench with manure and spent bokashi bran.

Prepared raised bed for planting the perennial kale and broccoli/colly.

Weeded/swept the area where the JA’s are to be planted (Will be planted through membrane).

General weed/tidy of the other areas covered in membrane.

[attachment=1664][attachment=1665][attachment=1666][attachment=1667]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 26-11-2020

Evicted more montbretia and vinca - pesky things. Still a lot more to receive their marching orders.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 26-11-2020

Finished bagging up seeds for the circle.
Harvested a bit for tea.
Had a fight with some chicken wire. I won, its rolled up again.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 26-11-2020

Pulled up the last 8 of the greenhouse tomato plants harvesting 2kg of mixed colour tomatoes from bright green to a pink blush. Hopefully, most will ripen with the warmth, 18C, in the kitchen (it's warmth rather than light that ripens tomatoes)..

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 27-11-2020

I spent the morning packing up saved seeds for the swap circle. Amazing how time consuming it is. Getting to the end slowly.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 27-11-2020

Planted out the Taunton Deane & Nine Star Broccoli

Took a job lot of cardboard to the plot

Marked area to plant the JA’s

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 27-11-2020

Weeded a bed ready for covering. Discovered my weed dump has turned into some lovely compost.I’ll be using that over the coming months.