Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Proserpina - 17-11-2020

Went to my first house viewing. The garden was about a quarter of the size that it appeared to be in the Rightmove photos! I knew it wasn't going to be as big as the pictures suggested, but I didn't think a low camera angle could distort things *that* much. House was okay, but the garden was just so disappointing. It was an immediate non-contender as soon as I realised just how big the discrepancy was.

Another viewing tomorrow, but I don't have anything else lined up. I have to book annual leave well in advance and hoped I was going to manage to pack in viewings most days this week. And then lockdown 2 got announced! Hopefully the market will get a bit busier again in December.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 04:47 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Went to my first house viewing. The garden was about a quarter of the size that it appeared to be in the Rightmove photos! I knew it wasn't going to be as big as the pictures suggested, but I didn't think a low camera angle could distort things *that* much. House was okay, but the garden was just so disappointing. It was an immediate non-contender as soon as I realised just how big the discrepancy was.

Another viewing tomorrow, but I don't have anything else lined up. I have to book annual leave well in advance and hoped I was going to manage to pack in viewings most days this week. And then lockdown 2 got announced! Hopefully the market will get a bit busier again in December.
When I was looking for the house I am living in now I used google earth to zoom in and check on the size of the gardens. There was two houses on the street for sale at the same time, but it was the size of the garden that clinched it for me! Cool

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 17-11-2020

(17-11-2020, 04:47 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Went to my first house viewing. The garden was about a quarter of the size that it appeared to be in the Rightmove photos! I knew it wasn't going to be as big as the pictures suggested, but I didn't think a low camera angle could distort things *that* much. House was okay, but the garden was just so disappointing. It was an immediate non-contender as soon as I realised just how big the discrepancy was.

How dispiriting Sad  You can measure things using google maps - we use it for quoting for grass  or hedge cutting. 

Weeded the new rose bank planted up in the spring. No wonder the roses have struggled: while the deer ate their leaves the mole has riddled the bank with tunnels. Dug out the tunnels as much as possible and then mulched.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 18-11-2020

Finished clearing the strawberry bed.

Stapled netting to the leaf cage and took it to the plot.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 18-11-2020

Finished mulching the rose bank and ran out of mulch.
Mr PP cut some hedges and the bamboo screen so helped him run that through the shredder so. Mulch in the making!
Started weeding the top bank bed.
Picked more courgettes ...

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 19-11-2020

Finally finished podding all my beans.... 2 and a half very large storage jars...took hours.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 19-11-2020

Collected 4 more bags of leaves, bl**** council have cleared my source today, will need to find another tomorrow.

Moved heavy slabs at the plot. No.2 son help was on hand?

Laid some more weed membrane

Brought some large pots back for the impending fruit trees

Also received some seeds for Real Seeds today, one packet was wrong, they are sending the correct packet tomorrow and I can keep the one sent by mistake?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 19-11-2020

Replaced the broken glass in GH No. 2 having scrounged a couple of panes. I've been staying out of that GH since it happened - now I have a new space to play in!
Didn't do much else as I still have a stiff arm.!!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 19-11-2020

Planted trees up the plot. Started emptying another raised bed. Collected seeds. Took some climbing rose cuttings. Was given another big bag of unruly red currants from planting that had fallen over re rooted and gone all over the place. So spent a while knowing them into plantable cuttings. Got another 10 out of it, if they all take.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 19-11-2020

(19-11-2020, 05:44 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Planted trees up the plot. Started emptying another raised bed. Collected seeds. Took some climbing rose cuttings. Was given another big bag of unruly red currants  from planting that had fallen over re rooted and gone all over the place. So spent a while knowing them into plantable cuttings. Got another 10 out of it, if they all take.
What trees did you plant SC?