Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 13-11-2020

Yesterday finished preparing the bed which will have the tunnel over winter, put in the rebar hoops and string. Sowed turnips, rocket, lettuce, collards and radish inside, but with temps no lower than six and up to mid twenties I left the plastic cover off for now.
Put up pea sticks.
Cut all the edges of the grass paths and dug out some of the mole runs along the sides of the veg beds.
Started the BIG WEED of every bed!
A good day Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 13-11-2020

Collected 2 more bags of leaves

Sowed BB’s 2 x 12 and 16 Babington Leeks

Sorted more seeds

Continued to update spreadsheet with seeds, varieties, sow dates, 2nd sow dates??

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 13-11-2020

Afternoon all. Shifted a load of logs to storage area close to house this mornig.

Went to allotment to collect my border spade to do a bit of planting at home. Was surprised to find two buckets of raspberry canes/plants just inside my gate. Cool

Last time I was at the allotment my neighbour said she was thinning out her raspberry canes and of course I asked her if I could have any she was chucking out. She told me to just come onto her plot and get what I wanted as they were spreading all over.

Anyway she had sorted her plants and left me a couple of buckets of spare plants.

Spent half an hour transplanting them into a row on my plot between two posts I had hammered in. I had a few, but now I have a full row. Cool

The planting at home will have to wait until tomorrow. Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 14-11-2020

- Ordered some more seeds, I now have everything for next year apart from onions sets (may not need these if the seeds are successfulSmile) and potatoes.

- Collected 2 more bags of leaves

- Will be using the last of my plot potatoes this evening so went and got some more from a local supplier, £7 for 25kg, seems reasonable?

- Had a 101 lesson on Leeks today, very useful?

- Started undercoating the plaster walls in the living room area, can only do the top as the bottom still needs to be damp proofed and replastered (curtesy of last year’s floods). The “cheap” emulsion looks just that, went on like water!

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 14-11-2020

Good progress with the big autumn weed - herb, grass & hot beds done and herb bed mulched. Moved the Sichuan pepper plant.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 15-11-2020

Raked leaves in between the rain and gathered veg but that’s it for the garden today.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 15-11-2020

Took 4 bags of leaves to the plot.

Brought some crap/bits back from the shed to sort out.

Ordered some more seeds, I know I said I was done yesterday but I had an epiphany SmileSmileSmile

Continued to work on my speadsheet for next year.

Started sorting out / tidying the outdoor coal shed/now the gardening storage building.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 15-11-2020

Hacked my way into one of the fruit bush areas planted about 15 years ago with some plants I moved from the allotment when I gave it up. I've ignored it this year as there was a blackbird nesting in the middle and I didn't want to disturb her.
A trailing ?tayberry has roamed over the bushes and tip-rooted; periwinkle has invaded and covered the ground, there's bracken and brambles, nettle, hogweed and dock, ivy on the fence posts and you have to duck under the overhanging branches of an apple tree.

Despite the "help" of the chooks and dogs, I was doing quite well, until the deluge. We all ran back to our respective shelters and had lunch.
I went on the hunt of the Yellow Stickers this afternoon - first time for weeks. Managed to track down 63 items for £27 and that includes a box of wine for £15. The dogs are dining on ready cooked hot chicken portions tonight. For example, 2 chicken breasts reduced from £3.50 to 18p. I spoil those dogs. Wink

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-11-2020

Mulched the rest of the beds weeded yesterday.
Cleared the rest of the peppers & aubergines from one bed (been so warm the subs started growing again and the peppers had new flowers). Sowed phacelia in the bed.
Weeded and strimmed a new path down to the lower level where the new woodstore is going.
Sowed sweet peas, hellebores & beetroot.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 15-11-2020

I’ve actually done so something in the garden. We had a few minutes of dry weather! Cut down my asparagus . top dressed that and the rhubarb with manure. Sorted out some of the things I’ve been collecting for my natural Christmas decoration.